Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Thank You DS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Thank You DS Reply with quote

A big thank you to all at DS.

When a focused site is down, you become (again) the centre of the universe.. Seen this happen times many with the TZR and RGV forums ..

Well this time it is the turn of the GAG site forum .. Seems kaput, dodo, the parrot has squawked it's last, the gag has finally worked - through lack of use? one too many kitchens? the admin not paying the subs ?

Either way THANK YOU DS for being here and doing a great job looking after the waifs and strays and owners of weird 2Ts everywhere

Not Worthy
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shaun. Very Happy

Surprised the Gag Forum lasted this long to be honest, Dave admitted he'd lost interest a couple of years ago and asked if I wanted to take it over. Thought about it but I have too many distractions already.

Guessing the subscription's expired. It's a shame. But all Gag owners are welcome on here.

Keep spreading the word !
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Shaun Very Happy

I guess there's numerous reasons why other forums fold; lack of interest (from admin as well as members & users), technical failures and abuse from hacking, and of course the cost of keeping the subs up and any upgrades etc.

We're also very lucky you guys are all very positive and respectful towards each other which helps us considerably as we don't have any overhead for moderating (and this is the ONLY forum I know that doesn't need moderating . . . which us the way it should be of course!). We don't suffer a lot of spammers, and so far haven't been hacked (touch wood), and because Tim and I are enthusiastic about DS we don't mind funding it (so far! Wink )

So thanks again - and here's to a great 2014 for all of us and continued oddball stroker insanity Thumbs Up
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ding is dead, long live the ding!

So glad you guys are here for me to have somewhere to keep lurking, shame about the gag site, some good info lost there but most of us that were active (sort of) there are here anyway now!
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh the great smell of YSR..
The smog is just visible in the mirrors.. Lovely..

Oops that's the smoke alarm.. He he
Mot time again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Gag Bikes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: