Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

350 mito
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbopresh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a bit more of the wiring tonight.. tidied up the back end a bit more, wired in the fuse box and extended the wires for the rear indicators.. also started studying the mito diagram and segregated everything up into their various categories ie. Earth, live, signal and what components they ran to in order to simplify the process of splicing the two looms together..

Lol I was wondering what that rustling noise was when i got up and opened the blinds in the morning fabs

Mr rea spent a few minutes on the lathe and that's the spacers for the anti-vibe bars ready Smile thanks buddy..

IMG]http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/turbopresh/el%20mito/IMAG0053_zps4f148fa2.jpg[/IMG]
The wiring part way through...

And everything working..

Postman brought me a little present today/yesterday Smile

turbopresh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the wiring finished not as neat as i'd hoped.. may redo some of it but for now it will do the job just fine..

Work hath started again.. fired the pipes on this morning.. this will let me cue up the bodywork and finish any modifications here before I drop them off for painting.

Clutch lever and perch installed.. now happy I actually have a manageable clutch with the extra bit of leverage compared to the standard mito assembly as shown..

Tried to start her earlier but no spark so..

Strip down session tomorrow evening to see if I can find the problem.. have a few niggle bits of wiring I wanted to fix anyway so I suppose I can fix those whilst I'm in there lol

brought her back into the house to keep warm whilst doing lots of tea drinking and head scratching Very Happy

So aye.. that'd do it.. scrap coils.. just spent an hour stripping the wiring back for nothing Sad

Whoop whoop!

Cueing up the bodywork Wink

got a few photos from the painter..

turbopresh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wee teaser of the tail.. next photo I upload will be her basically completed, lacquering the exhausts today and fit the rest of the bodywork tonight/tomorrow..

turbopresh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuP1-NXT2YM&feature=youtu.be

and a youtube video of her running... hope you enjoying reading folks Smile
gammaguy21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting it here. Tough to go through when the pictures aren't in the thread (on your link).

Those exhaust look fantastic!
emzedder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed looking through your photographic record of a lovely build. Working indoors on laminate floor is just the best!
turbopresh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries guys, glad you liked it.. laminate flooring is the dogs danglies, if only it was heated then I would really be in heaven!

Thanks, I love the exhausts, they are the most expensive part of the build for flip sake but they sure are nice to look at.. I now have them lacquered and cured them in the oven in uni so fingers crossed that keeps them good for a while. I would absolutely love a set of carbon exhausts for them but they're a nightmare to find Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: