Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR200 2TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not done a lot with the SDR recently. It's had a few little ride outs, and a visit to Dean's Bike Night near York where it generated more interest than I expected. It's going well and needs nothing more than a bit of a clean really.

I haven't got round to welding up the Martin Johnson exhaust yet, been running with the modified standard exhaust, original silencer cut off and a flange welded on for Martin's silencer.

Then a few weeks back I saw an Alhpa Racing exhaust for sale and thought it might look nicer on my SDR than someone elses.

It came stripped and clean. All I've had to do is prep the mild steel expansion chamber for paint and polish the silencer.

Could this be the true use for "Rotary Driers"? Very Happy

I've got my grass cut today, and Jen's car washed. Maybe I can try the "new" exhaust on the SDR tomorrow and have a little ride out to annoy the neighbours...

Last edited by arlurt on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alpha exhaust fits well, but somehow looks less in keeping with the bike than the Martin Johnson one. I'll run it for the moment, while I repair the Johnson.

vestanpance

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, if it wasn't for my Aprilia fetish I would love an SDR.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course SDRs are really rare, unless you're on "Diff'rent Strokers" where you can't spit without hitting one!

On my ride round the block this afternoon I was suddenly aware of having a cold, wet foot. There was petrol squirting out of a perrished fuel pipe! Nervously wobbled home and replaced the pipe, but sometimes you forget that these things are thirty years old...

Last edited by arlurt on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
2TV owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to make the two stroke ride out in September on it Karl?
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got round to repairing the Martin Johnson exhaust after the silencer mounting flange broke off at the weld in March of 2012.

Pleased it's repaired before two years had passed. Ashamed it took me that long! Embarassed

When it's on the bike the brace plate is on the underside and shouldn't be too visible.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody thing just broke down! I thought I'd dash in to town while it's not raining to get my MoT done. There was this ticking noise, that got louder, so I stopped. So did the noise. Set off again, something is catching, tyre, chain, gearbox...? Turns out a stud has worked its way out of the rear sprocket and was catching the swingarm. I've asked the MoT man to pop it back in. My first breakdown since last time the SDR broke Down.
2TV owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arlurt wrote:
Bloody thing just broke down! I thought I'd dash in to town while it's not raining to get my MoT done. There was this ticking noise, that got louder, so I stopped. So did the noise. Set off again, something is catching, tyre, chain, gearbox...? Turns out a stud has worked its way out of the rear sprocket and was catching the swingarm. I've asked the MoT man to pop it back in. My first breakdown since last time the SDR broke Down.

at least it's consistent!
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I picked it up, passed, he said the other sprocket studs were loose as well. He's thread-locked and tightened them for me. Thanks. Very Happy
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously thinking of selling the SDR, have a look in the for sale section for a bit of detail if you can't find what you want to know in this thread. PM me if you're interested.

I've had it almost six years, and seem to be using it less than I was, not that it's been used much at all really. I've got three bikes on the road, four when I get the KH finished, and other projects on the go as well. I'm thinking it could be time to move on to other things. Maybe selling the Buell as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: