Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR200
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been enquiring about shocks for this bike, but no company as yet do an aftermarket one specifically for the Sdr. I've contact one last company on my list and waiting to hear back from them.

I think the TZ125 is a close match too but it seems the common mod in Japan is fitting a TZ/TZR 125 Swingarm.
Sdrman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzr 250 2ma is the same from memory hagon do them and nitron expensive mind
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ma really? That's good news Nitron are just up the road from me I have bought direct from them before.
fletch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't the standard spring on a 2ma shock be too hard? SDR is alot lighter than 2ma Confused
2TV owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be just right, your average Japanese rider cant be more than 9stone wet through, that's probably why most of the Jap home market bikes are a bit soggy. not saying we are all fat B******ds mind Laughing
Sdrman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be spot on Wink
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it back on the road. Has a brand-new rear-shock intended for an Aprilia AF1 125 - see HERE.

Incidentally, the current Practical Sportsbikes magazine features a SDR200 Buyers Guide. I had a call from one of the journalists hoping to pick my brains - sadly I don't know anything about them and told him as much. I guess that he didn't manage to speak to any other owners though, 'cos I'm in there labelled as an 'Expert'... Embarassed
2TV owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to have a rant here Tim! I got the practical sportsbike mag with sdr feature thinking it might be a good read and to be honest I thought it was a pile of shite! Please don't take offence your input as you have explained above was what they asked for but the rest of it was a recycled. Feature from 1992 using a five year old bike from bat motorcycles I remember reading it way back in 1992. I thought that they could have at least featured your bike as well or even arlurts super clean one. What was the point of them stating you needed a working cdi? Zeeltronic or ignitech could sort that for less than a yam. Cdi if you could find one Anyway I thought it was poor but well done Tim for contributing rant over!!!!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pointed him at arlurt but don't know if he contacted him or not. I told him to come on here and contact SDR owners - he has registered but hasn't posted yet. You know what magazines are like, they need everything NOW and can't see any further forward than the next issue. I really didn't want to do it, I told him I'd never even fitted new tyres to mine, some expert eh ? I didn't send them that crap pic of me either, he's grabbed that off a website somewhere. Doh !
2TV owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journalists! They just don't give a shit what they write. And we are supposed to believe that they are bikers like us that have the same passion and they fill the mags with dross!
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did send Mr Jurno a text on the number Tim gave me saying I'd be happy to talk to him, but also pointed out that the history of my SDR was all on the website anyway. I said if he wanted pictures I could either send the full resolution versions of the ones on the DS thread or take some more. I never heard anything back from him.

I confess that I didn't want to hand my bike over to them for a "road test" thrash, having seen how others have suffered at the hands of professional road-testers, but I could probably have done something to help if he'd got back to me.

Actually, it's a good job I didn't lend it to them, it would have broken down just as it did for me going for the MoT last week. Embarassed
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update, after 9 years, sounds about right. Rolling Eyes

The wife's SDR has basically been sat gathering dust for as long as I can remember, no different to our other bikes to be honest. Since my mate did the shock swap and mild refurb, it's maybe been out on the road once for a couple of miles only.

It had a quick polish last year so it could go on static show at one of the local VJMC events. I half-heartedly tried to sell it to Andy who ran the event but it turned out he'd literally just bought another one. I fired it up that same weekend but the fuel-tap pissed itself, and I ordered a rebuild kit but never got round to fitting it.

A couple of months ago, another mate got an itchy wallet and asked if any of my bikes were for sale. I told him to come for a look, I'd do him a great deal if he bought a few off me. He fell in love with the SDR and - after a delay, which allowed me to fix the fuel-tap properly - I dropped it off for him last night. He's chuffed with it and I'm pleased that there's one less millstone round my neck.

Bye Bye SDR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: