Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

dt 125 lc mk 1 wiring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: dt 125 lc mk 1 wiring Reply with quote

does anyone know what I would need to basic run the bike , I have a cdi / a coil / ignition switch / rectifier/ indicator relay , no regulator , the battery is 6 volt is it possible to run it with just a few wires forgetting about lights etc???? any hints would be welcomed
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv got a fairly butchered loom sitting in my basement, might be usefull for parts or i can try and get some photos, might even be a reg attached to it still, it was from a ysr that had a dt engine and i think it was 6 volts, ill have a look when i can and try and get some pics up of some components to see if anything matches
aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillinghampaul wrote:
Iv got a fairly butchered loom sitting in my basement, might be usefull for parts or i can try and get some photos, might even be a reg attached to it still, it was from a ysr that had a dt engine and i think it was 6 volts, ill have a look when i can and try and get some pics up of some components to see if anything matches

cheers tht would be great if u could
aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aDTisbornagain wrote:
Gillinghampaul wrote:

cheers tht would be great if u could

would this work the bike this basic circuit
2TV owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should work! you won't need the wire from the battery to the ignition switch though as it should power the cdi from the pick up coil on the engine. You have wired the engine kill wire in (black/white) this will be required should you need to stop the engine if you can't stall it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: