Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Suzuki OR50 Mame-Tan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gagster55
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Suzuki OR50 Mame-Tan Reply with quote

another of my long-term projects, this model was never officially imported into the UK. We got the OR50-2, the one with the alloy wheels, but as far as I am aware, this will be the only one of its kind here in good 'ol Blighty. It's being built from parts sourced in the USA (frame / wheels / forks / plastics / handlebars), Japan (petrol tank / seat / electrics / sissy bar / instruments / oil tank / air filter box) and the UK (Zr50 engine).

It has taken me 2 years to find a new front tyre for it.
Strange bloody size - 15" x 2.50 - readily available as a nobbly for pit bikes, but not in road spec. The one I have turned up on t'bay advertised to fit a BSA Dandy !

another discontinued part that I needed, but couldn't find anywhere in the world, was this................

a humble battery box. Different to the MK2, and fitted to no other bike, one eventually appeared on Yahoo Japan - 3 years since I started looking for one! I entered a bidding war (something I usually shun) and emerged victorious - mine for £8 !
Once I receive it, I can crack on with the build Very Happy

I'll keep you posted...........
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning,

great to see another project coming to life.

Reggie
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I likeit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: