Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Forum Policing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Forum Policing Reply with quote

Anyone got an opinion on how this place is moderated ? Is there too much interference from Admin, or not enough ?

Has anyone been offended by anything on here that you think we should have stamped on : bad language, offensive content, irresponsible advice, slagging someone off or just posting something irrelevant ?

We're not aware of a problem by the way, we're asking because of a couple of things spotted on other forums recently. All feedback gratefully received. Smile
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't feel their is a problem on here.. Everyone seems to comment in a way that's expected and reasonable .. And those that don't bother posting get shot Wink

If I had a concern .. It would be the massive interest in all things Kawasaki AR/KR taking over the forum.. But then again that's totally understandable as they are probably the most interesting and bestest 2 strokes In the world Taunt Innocent
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the forum ticks over very nicely thank you. I’m pleased that Admin don’t have to get involved very often, and happy with the way that you do on the rare occasions it’s required. Keep up the good work!

As for the Kawasaki situation, I think there should be a new rule that you shouldn’t be allowed more than one bike by any one manufacturer. That will keep all of the threads turning over nicely, and it would release some interesting bikes to people who haven’t got one like that already… Laughing
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
If I had a concern .. It would be the massive interest in all things Kawasaki AR/KR taking over the forum.. But then again that's totally understandable as they are probably the most interesting and bestest 2 strokes In the world Taunt Innocent

We have been talking recently about creating a forum section purely for AR125's and moving all the relevant content into it.

Then we can easily delete it all with just one key press. Clown
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin wrote:
Top-shaggy wrote:

We have been talking recently about creating a forum section purely for AR125's and moving all the relevant content into it.

Hee hee hee,

I'm only a newcomer but very happy with how thing are going and long live the AR125!

Reggie
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin wrote:

Hang on.. This is the illegitimate home of the Psudo AR Owners Club UK Chapter...

If you deleted us trusty AR lovers, we would have to use FB and that's just pants Stop Stop Stop

What arlurt needs is a dog ruff AR125 to keep him entertained ... Then he would become a believer Giggity
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cameraman wrote:

I'm only a newcomer but very happy with how thing are going and long live the AR125!

You see... Not just a man with the biggest lens in the world, a man with impeccable taste.. Long live the AR125 Thumbs Up
Howie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then we can easily delete it all with just one key press.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wouldn't do that, there would be an uprising, rioting on the forum, all hell would break loose.

I think things are good as they are, I know some people get a bit touchy about going 'off topic' (sorry I shouldn't use these sort of phrase's) but I don't mind, its all good Thumbs Up
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
The Cameraman wrote:

You see... Not just a man with the biggest lens in the world, a man with impeccable taste.. Long live the AR125 Thumbs Up

Hi Shaun,

you only saw my little lens matey!

Reggie
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues from me.
r3monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am doing my kitchen up at the moment .. is there any way we can have some nice kitchen sales spam please.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r3monkey wrote:
i am doing my kitchen up at the moment .. is there any way we can have some nice kitchen sales spam please.

Hahaha brilliant !!

I would quite like some Raybans too....

Best stop though... This stuff killed the old GAG site off completely Sad
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definately need some people to put ads in the wanted section for some ar wheels!
You ar lovers are making this forum a target!

Seriously though i really enjoy this forum, the mick taking is never over the line and if it were taken that way im sure it would be resolved with an apology, going off topic is easy to do here but its because we seem to get along and just chat! The talk normally starts with bikes at least
nick69
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gagster55 ( Garry ) should be limited by the mods to one project at a time,he really does my head in juggling all those ideas at once while I can't even finish a lowly vj21 resto Not Worthy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: