Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Suzuki T350 1971 Just wont run over 60 mph

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonnietiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Suzuki T350 1971 Just wont run over 60 mph Reply with quote

Just wondered if anybody had any knowledge on these.
Really nice very standard red T350. but....
Working on the tried and trusted law that anything fuel related is probably electrical, I have replaced the Coil/contacts/condensers plugs ht leads etc. Starts REALLY well now and is timed beautifull..but
It revs quite well 1st but gets progressively worse until in 6th its barely doing 60 and wont rev through it. It leaves a decent trail of white smoke this leads me to think its fuel. I have stripped the carbs ...cleaned the carbs..replaced EVERYTHING internally nothing makes much difference.
Any Clues....thinking of reaching for the bottle now...
Bonnietiler
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhausts full of carbon ? Can you loosen the silencers and give it a quick test run ? It'll be bloody loud but if it runs properly, there's your answer. If not, then check the fuel flow, maybe the filter in the tap and/or the filler vent are blocked.
Howie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the T350 got removable baffles?

I agree with SB about checking carbon build up. Whip the exhausts off & have a look inside the exhaust flanges on the engine & inside the exhausts themselves, remove the baffles (if poss?) & clean out all the blocked holes.

Its not blowing from anywhere along the exhausts at all?
bonnietiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all new down there Clean as a whistle
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be carb related, it looks like you've checked everything else.

Have you had the carbs ultrasonic cleaned? What about replacing jets/needles/slides etc?

Also check choke mechanisms, are they closing off properly?

I'm assuming you have popped the plugs out to check the colour etc?
Straycat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colour are your plugs after a run ? both the same colour ? ie do a plug chop test. There may be some clues on if your running too rich etc.

has the Bike been in storage for a long time ? any chance you have a mouse nest in an exhaust pipe ? seen that on snowmobiles many times, causing the similar issues.

Im not sure how available the Digitron EGT's (Exhaust Gas Temperatre sensors) are for you or if you have the appetite to install a set (requires drilling a small hole in the headers). but they are very valuable in tuning a two stroke. Ive used them on snowmobiles for years and will be using a set on my 250 gamma when its back together to ensure im not running too rich/lean on either cyclinder. They can help diagnose issue fast and prevent a burn down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: