Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR200 conrod dimensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: SDR200 conrod dimensions Reply with quote

To those who have delved inside:

What is the length between centres of the conrod? Is it 110 or 115mm, or something else?

Also, what are the sizes of the big and small end bearings? Are they 22-28-16 and 16-20-20 respectively?

Thanks in advance,
James
James P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't have any definite info, but if the SDR200 has the same conrod as the DT200R, the details should be:

Rod length 110
Big end 22-29-17
Small end 16-21-22

I think the DT200R conrod itself is the same as 350 YPVS, although the big end pin is a different length.

Can anyone confirm any of this??

Thanks,
James
2TV owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: con rod Reply with quote

James,

Don't know if you managed to get this info but i curently have the crank out of my SDR200. I found that someone before me had fitted a 1986 DT200 piston in it at +.50 (second oversize?) model 37F. The only problem is it has two holes in the induction side as the 37F DT200 had the carb mounted on the barrel as opposed to crank case induction that the SDR has. So i'm looking for a piston. think i have found that a 1991 DT200R 3ET is the correct one. Anyway as the crank is on the bench i'll try get some measurements. interestingly the rod in mine is stamped 29L and not 2TV so again this may not be the original but the bike ran ok (until the had gasket failed!

Justin
James P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: con rod Reply with quote

2TV owner wrote:
James,

Don't know if you managed to get this info but i curently have the crank out of my SDR200. I found that someone before me had fitted a 1986 DT200 piston in it at +.50 (second oversize?) model 37F. The only problem is it has two holes in the induction side as the 37F DT200 had the carb mounted on the barrel as opposed to crank case induction that the SDR has. So i'm looking for a piston. think i have found that a 1991 DT200R 3ET is the correct one. Anyway as the crank is on the bench i'll try get some measurements. interestingly the rod in mine is stamped 29L and not 2TV so again this may not be the original but the bike ran ok (until the had gasket failed!

Justin

Thanks for the info Justin, although I confirmed the dimensions some time ago.
The 2TV conrod was subsequently also fitted to 3ET (DT200R) and 3XP (DT200WR) models (and maybe others), but has now been discontinued. Yamaha now supplies the 43G (IT200) conrod for the SDR/DTR instead.
The basic dimensions of the 29L (RZ250R) conrod are the same and I think one of my spare SDR motors has that type fitted.

The 3ET piston should be a suitable replacement for the standard 2TV one (and a better bet than the 37F Laughing ). The two are not identical, but the compression height, dome profile and ring peg positions are all the same. There are slight differences in the skirt cutaways for transfer and boost ports, but the differences are small.
Another possible alternative is the 3XP piston, which is 66.8mm diameter (Grades A, B, C and D available). However, I have yet to confirm that it has the same vital statistics as the 2TV and 3ET pistons. I've got a 3XP piston in the workshop (somewhere... Confused ), so will find it and check!

Regards,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: