Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Nearly got taken out by a 4x4 on ice today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Nearly got taken out by a 4x4 on ice today! Reply with quote

Hi Guys n Gals,

well on the very first local day of a bit of snow and ice, some dumb **** in a bloody great 4x4 decided that her vehicle didn't need to conform to basic physics and totally lost it on a bend, straight in front of me! As you imagine, a motorcycle doesn't react to sudden braking or turning on ice so it's a bloody good job that I was already going slow for the conditions. I elected to head for the pavement and my trusty Serow allowed me to bounce over the curb and avoid the accident by inches!

To say that I wasn't impressed was an understatement, especially when the woman driver didn't have a clue as to what she'd just done, or why she crashed her car into the wall! Thick bitch!

Anyway, my trusty Serow was perfectly unharmed and I made the decision there and then to get a quad for over the Winter season, and my two wheelers will take a welcome break but will still be allowed out on dry, sunny, ice free days.

I've been considering a quad for a while now and this incident has reminded me just how vulnerable us two wheelers can be, even with 35 years riding experience. I've already spoken to work and they're granted me permission to park a quad in the bike parking area, so all I need to do now is to find the vehicle for the job, so Rocket Centre, here I come.

Reggie
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your ok Reggie !!

Sounds like the woman really had no poor weather experience..
You can't fix stupid

Always fancied a quad too.. had a mates for a while ..In fact had more than one before until one got nicked off the yard.. Yes the thrives like them too ..grrrrrrrrrr

Smile
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on avoiding an accident that wasn't your fault, we've all been there. Clap

What you got wrong though was not calmly parking your bike up, walking over and getting a nice photo of her embedded in the wall, then waving goodbye and riding off. Laughing
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi StrokerBoy,

if I'd have calmed down a bit, after giving the driver an absolute hurl of verbal abuse, then yes I should've taken a shot to shame her here but my mind wasn't focussed on such things at the time!

Reggie
Straycat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to get yourself one of these, this is my son's CanAm 800 XMR (Xtreme Mud Racer) by Bombardier. This thing is fantastic in water, mud, snow etc. it has the factory Radiator Relocation kit so it cant get clogged up with crap, and factory snorkel kit so it can submerge over the seat. As long as the black pod in front of the gauges /handlebars is above water your golden.

It will rip through a foot and a half of snow like its not even there. The silverback tires plus the intelligent 4wd traction control makes it really sure-footed. And it has a winch for when you do eventually bury it in a mud bog

1989 Yamaha RZ350 ypvs
1989 Yamaha FZR400
1987 Suzuki RG250 Gamma
1986 Honda NS400R
1988 RGV250 VJ21A-J
1986 Honda TLR200 Reflex
1985 Honda VF1000R (x2)
1985 Yamaha RZ500

Last edited by Straycat on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Straycat,

that looks like great fun.

Reggie
Straycat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are alot of fun, if you have the stones and capabilty to use them how they are meant to be used...which i do not Smile

I have a 400cc, a more "utility" and general purpose version with less capable tires, less suspension, and no where near the aquatic prowess. That ensures that i stay within my riding limits, and dont get into as much "trouble" LOL

Aside from the general off road mud hole running my son does, they also have Mud Bog Races here. Imagine 2 side by side trenches, 100ft long, 6 ft deep 15' wide, filled with 3+ ft of water and mud. Gradual slope in one end and gradual slope out the other. Its basically a drag race thru 2 trenches of mud and slop, 2 ATV's /Quads side by side.

lots of different classes so anyone from a low hp quad to a 1000 cc full modified and lifted quad has a class to enter.

Not me though, I dont even like getting my ATV dirty Smile
1989 Yamaha RZ350 ypvs
1989 Yamaha FZR400
1987 Suzuki RG250 Gamma
1986 Honda NS400R
1988 RGV250 VJ21A-J
1986 Honda TLR200 Reflex
1985 Honda VF1000R (x2)
1985 Yamaha RZ500
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: