Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Ar125 clutch comp basket play

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Ar125 clutch comp basket play Reply with quote

Many AR125s have a metalic ting ting on tick over due to play in the clutch comp basket. I've never seen one fail but it can be annoying ...

Clutch repair .. In the UK you have to replace the whole clutch comp housing / basket if it has play. In Asia they have rubber damper kits available and replace them. Pennies versus serious money. I can get hold of the repair kits but you need a press to refit the rivets.. Best done by a machine shop.

Sean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Many thanks for the information on the clutch problem
Do you have any advice on who is best to tune a AR125' really want as much as possible speed wise
The AR is a B3 and I live in Derbyshire
Regards
Sean
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean wrote:
Hi
Many thanks for the information on the clutch problem
Do you have any advice on who is best to tune a AR125' really want as much as possible speed wise
The AR is a B3 and I live in Derbyshire
Regards
Sean

Welcome to the forum Sean.

How about posting some pictures of your bike? Lots of info already on here too for the AR125 which you can look up.

The engine is pretty strong but depends what you want in terms of 'speed' Wink
Sean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The bikes had a major clean and brush up, it's now wearing AR80 green colour scheme bodywork, loads of new bits from ZPower, still bolting back together, so no pictures of complete bike yet, as soon as I make it look like a bike again I will post.

The engine is out and has had the alloy middle cleaned, was going to let BDK have a go at the tune as they sorted my AR80, only worry is they have little experience on the 125, really want as much power as possible looked every place for big bore kit no luck yet thou, my mate has a RD125LC and in the old days used to win every race we had so keeping quite about all the engine work until we sort it again' fingers crossed for a win this time, read all your info on the AR, so will add that to my to do list, going to get a new VM 26 to sort fuelling and have new pipe plus arrow end can.

I also have AE80 as new condition, and AR80 with full race kit
Regards
Sean
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your infected with AR Owners geeky-ness just like so many others I know including me..haha

Well we all love pictures on here and work in progress pics probably get more of a response than completed bike pics so don't hold back !!

Havent been on a AE80 for years... wowzers as new..was this a ex Holmetech bike?

Not many old tuners around that have experience of the 125 now. . LEDAR and Colchester Kawasaki did race kits and big bore sets used to be available based around KH400 oversize pistons. You can still use KR150 pistons with Yam rod to get over 150cc..and no doubt a few others with ingenuity Smile

Mick Abbey is still going and may be your best bet as he has experience of the AR125s. He may not be too local but I believe he also has a RR now and makes his own matching exhausts using TSA design data
Sean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AR virus is well established in me and tends to cost me a bit to keep at bay

I will get some picture sorted asap

I have known Phill and his Dad for years at Holmtech, I don't think he will mind me saying my AE is lets just say better.

I have sent a email to Colchester Kawasaki but they have no information on the big bore kit.

Have you got the big bore kit fitted to yours, the only other option is that I go to SEP and see if they can re sleeve.

I did get a reply from Mick after sending a email a few months ago, I guess he is a very bussy man these days, he didn't think he could get much out of the AR so I thought I would keep looking
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Sean..

Suggest you start your own thread and then we can keep the discussions all in one place. I can share with you what I've done to my engines too.

Best
TS Wink
James P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ar125 clutch comp basket play Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:

Shaun; That kidney-shaped slot (with the wedge-shaped post in the middle) on your AR cush drive looks exactly like the arrangement on my SDR cush drive. I have been unable to find replacement rubbers for the SDR cush drive and am wondering whether the rubbers in your photo will fit the SDR. Any chance you could add some dimensions (including thickness) to your photo?

Thanks & regards,
James
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will get a set out and measure when I'm in the workshop ..no problem
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ar125 clutch comp basket play Reply with quote

James P wrote:
Top-shaggy wrote:

Shaun; That kidney-shaped slot (with the wedge-shaped post in the middle) on your AR cush drive looks exactly like the arrangement on my SDR cush drive. I have been unable to find replacement rubbers for the SDR cush drive and am wondering whether the rubbers in your photo will fit the SDR. Any chance you could add some dimensions (including thickness) to your photo?

Thanks & regards,
James

Sorry James, forgot to respond
Hope this helps

James P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Shaun. Unfortunately the AR rubbers are too small for the SDR, despite the similar arrangement.
The SDR uses rubbers which are nearly identical to RZ/Banshee...but thicker. As far as I know, the rubbers are not available on their own from Yamaha, so aftermarket is the only source. The SDR rubbers are apparently the same as YFS200 Blaster and I had a possible lead in the USA...but never received a reply to my enquiry.

Nevertheless, ta again for measuring the AR rubbers Shaun!

Regards,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: