Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

First post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eldon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: First post Reply with quote

Hi,
New to this forum but not to two strokes. Had various over the years and some which I wish I hadn't sold like the KR1S. Still have some off road two strokes and now craving for a two stroke road bike. Also have a Honda CB1000R but miss the smell and the noise of the old days. I never got or appreciated British bikes as for me the nostalgic bit is 1980's two strokes. Used to get a lift on a Suzuki x7 and started road bikes with a Yamaha RD50MX. Messed with this and had 62mph on the clock (accurate clocks in those days lol).

Anyway, here I am.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Thanks for posting straight away. Most new members don't bother (and then wonder why they get deleted soon after).

You sound like you'll fit in on here just fine. We'll get you onto another stroker very soon. Very Happy Post some pics of your off-road bikes, there's not enough of that on here.

Your profile says 'Yorkshire' - do you visit Squires Cafe much ? There's a regular two-stroke attendance there on a Thursday night, though it'll tail off a bit now summer's over.
Eldon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have been as I live within 3 miles of Squires . Very Happy

A few of the two strokes I've had over the years, not all in right chronological order;
Suzuki M30 - bet you haven't heard of that one?
Yamaha 70 step thru - like a C70 but two stroke.
Honda H100
Honda MTX 125
Kawasaki KMX 200
Fantic 80 + 200 + 300 trials
Kawasaki KR1s
Beta TR34/5? stripey
Beta rev 3 50 + 250 + 270
Beta Evo 300 Factory
Suzuki RMX 250
Bultaco 250 (red one and a blue one)
Bultaco 325
Montesa 200 cota
Kawasaki KDX 200 x3
Kawasaki KX 125
Gas gas 50 + 250

and then there were the four strokes..........
Eldon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did take the Beta Factory 300 once to Squires and was entertaining/showing off riding up and down the steps and wall.

Jason (Harry original owner, son) came out and told me off saying, "stop doing that, why can't you just sit down and drink the coffee like everyone else!!!!!!"

Lol happy days.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: