Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Where did you find Diff'rent Strokers ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Introduction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome along Rubberfingers and Cheb,

If either of you have pics, we would all like to see them Very Happy
TZRfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm a TZR addict. I have a 1987 TZR 125 2RK which I bought new in UK. It needs a full restauration as it was involved in an accident with a car. I've now gathered all the required spares for it restauration. I just need to find time.
I'm currently restoring a 1989 TZR 125 3PC. I'm looking for a petrol tank in genuine Yamaha colours blue with yellow stripes in very good condition insideand outside.
I also have a 1991 standard TZR 250 2XW2 in perfect running order as well as a 1991 TZR 250 3XV1 with a tuned engine (running in).

Kind regards,
1991 TZR 250 2XW2
1991 TZR 250 3XV1
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Thanks for posting an intro straight away. We look forward to seeing some pics of your TZR's. Very Happy

(sounds like you need a 3MA too Wink )
TZRfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your message.
I'd love a 3MA, but a clean example at a reasonable price is getting very hard to find.

Here is a picture of my 2XW2 without the fairing for servicing reasons:

[/url]http://350rdlc.invisionzone.com/index.php?/gallery/image/275-img_0703jpg/[url]

Here is a picture of my 3XV1:

[/url]http://350rdlc.invisionzone.com/index.php?/gallery/image/345-tzr-250-3xv-1/[url]

I hope that the uploading of the pictures will work.

Kindest regards,
1991 TZR 250 2XW2
1991 TZR 250 3XV1
marky boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

found your site on the net after doing some two stroke research
jan buijk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all
My name is Jan Buijk and came from Nedeland, for many years crazy about motors, and ever started on a rd 350 and later on a rd 500 only on tracks in the dutch championchip national
Many years 4 stroke raced, and still crazy about the 2 stroke sound
a am goin to build a 500 rg or rd 500 racer this winter to compete in a classic championship
and hope to find some ideas here , ore things to buy
Once there is something on the table, ore workshop i will posted here
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welkom Jan

Good luck with the build

Regards Erik
Dmc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: New Mvx250 owner Reply with quote

Just joined forum after searching info on my latest purchase. A honda mvx250.

I've always known about them and thought they were a very interesting bike.

So stoked to be offered a bike that's been sitting for over 10 years in a garage.

Managed to get it started. Such a beautiful sound.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, another MVX owner ! Nice one, welcome on board, and thanks for introducing yourself straight away. Thumbs Up
Tricky6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, stumbled across this forum while trawling the internet searching information on two stroke sports bikes and planning to relive some of my youth Smile

Im in sunny Scotland, Great Britain!

Having owned a couple of nice RD's and a TZR years back, I fancy picking up another to tinker around with and ride out on nice weekends. Can't believe today's prices, looks like I gave them away years ago. Wishing I had squirrelled my candy blue 21bhp rd125 lc at the back of my garage, would have been perfect. Got an itch for either an Aprilia RS or a Cagiva Mito that needs scratching though reliability horror stories put me off.

Would love a reverse cylinder tzr but good ones are out of my budget right now.

Cheers, Ricky.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ricky. Sounds a familiar story ! Laughing

Decent bikes are still out there at realistic prices, don't take Ebay as a price guide. Joining here is a good start for finding something, good luck ! Very Happy
Bride Fred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: New lamb to the slaughter Reply with quote

Hello everyone, stumbled on your lot at the Stafford show just gone and noticed that one of you have an identical bike to which I have (baby Kat 250)that I could do with help on. I noticed this forum is swung more towards two strokes as my bikes are mostly 4 strokes bar one. I'm based in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire btw. Eric
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric, welcome, thanks for introducing yourself. Thumbs Up

Yeah, we're mainly all about 2-strokes on here, but we love anything unusual, hence the Stafford line-up of 3 grey-import 250 fours. Hopefully you'll get the help you want off here soon. Andy is your man for Katana's of all sizes. Very Happy
evster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from hot and sunny Australia! I stumbled across this site while researching the SDR200, my latest purchase. I'll be heading over to James P's thread to give him props for an excellent write-up on his build.

I'm addicted to bikes, in particular two strokes as they are the bikes I grew up with and learned to ride on.

My current stable includes a 1986 WW RG500, an MC21 NSR250SP (aftermarket Rothmans), a Mk2 Aprilia RS250, the SDR (being delivered to me soon), a 2000 YZ125 (my first race bike) as well as some four strokes, namely an HP4 and a Hypermotard.

Previous bikes included a 2012 Aprilia RS125 (the bike that re-ignited the two stroke bug), a Honda SP1, a CBR250RR (first road bike), a KTM 250SX-F, a Suzuki TS185ER and my biking genesis, a 1999 Yamaha RT100.

I blame the RS125 for my current "situation" Very Happy I bought it for a bit of fun on the road, as a bike I could flog without immediately shredding my licence, I also wanted to hear that sweet 125 two-stroke sound again while my YZ is on long-term loan with a family friend. I kitted the RS out with an Ohlins shock, VForce reeds and a 34mm carb.

As I was out enjoying the bike on some back roads one day, the thought hit me, "if a single cylinder two stroke is this much fun, I wonder what two cylinders is like?" Thus the RS250 was brought on board.

As I hit power band on the RS250 for the first time, I realised that these 250s are serious bikes and serious fun, but a familiar thought soon hit me, "if a twin cylinder two stroke is this much fun, I wonder what four cylinders is like?" The long search began for a 500, culminating in the ridiculous find of a Walter Wolf RG500 at a great price and in the right place about a week before my firstborn was due.

It hasn't been all smooth sailing, the NSR conked out on the 100km ride home on the day I bought it and I have spent a bit of money getting it sorted and likewise the RG is just about ready for the road after 12 months (although caring for a newborn does change the priorities somewhat). Surprisingly the Aprilia RS250 has been the beacon of reliability, other than a penchant for eating batteries when I don't get out riding frequently enough (now resolved with a battery tender and more riding!).

I had intended to stop buying bikes after the RG500, until one morning around 6 months ago, as we walked down the street for coffee I saw a beautiful red, polished trellis framed Duca....wait two stroke Yamaha?!?! I did a double take, went back for another look to see if I could identify the model, had breakfast, stopped and drooled over it again until my wife dragged me away. Fortunately I caught sight of the SDR decal, etched it into my memory and swore that I would find out more. And now here I am after religiously checking online for listings, I have a black SDR on the way with around 12 thousand km on it.

Looking forward to learning more about the different strokers that are out there and reading about the enjoyment that owners are getting from them!
SDR200
KR-1S
YZ125
Some four strokes
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the best First Post we've ever had ! Not Worthy

Welcome, sounds like you'll fit right in. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Introduction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: