Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

3xv or 3ma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin forster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: 3xv or 3ma Reply with quote

I currently own a 3xv in excellent condition. I've got someone interested in buying it and I've seen a 3ma in similar condition. A little unsure if I'm making a mistake selling the 3xv.

What are people thoughts?

Regards

Kevin
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any excuse to use this old photo again... Laughing

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never owned a 3XV but I've seen plenty and ridden a couple. You can tell they're a generation newer than the 3MA they replaced - smaller, neater, more of a modern feel and riding position, perhaps a little better designed and put together too.

I'm a 3MA fan, they're probably the prettiest bike ever built, and I'm attracted rather than repelled by their terrible reputation. Laughing They sound fantastic, and when they're running right, on the right road, there's nothing better. Love

You need to keep on top of maintenance, more so than any other bike I've owned. Mine went bang eventually, but it had been badly bodged by the previous owner and I definitely didn't look after it enough. Embarassed They're horrible to work on, and peering behind the fairing is like looking under a car bonnet - pipes, cables and wires everywhere.

Mine's gone to a more sympathetic owner now, but you've got me wanting another one... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: