Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

New toys... Yep more than one! RG250.. Mk1 AND Mk3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racerx67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: New toys... Yep more than one! RG250.. Mk1 AND Mk3 Reply with quote

I joined ages ago while doing my Aprilia RS250 and work took over my life so not had time to do what I want.. Time is still not too free.. But I have bitten the bullet to get something to treasure and enjoy to... SO I currently have two Suzuki RG250's on their way over to me direct from Japan.

I am so looking forward to getting them on the road and having some fun. I know both are runners and both are mechanically good and only need a little tidy up with some WW stickers faded and a crack on the belly pan section. The MK1 just needs a good clean and the alloy needs some soda blasting to get it back to new. But for the price I am so happy and will they will be enjoyed..

Bitacticus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bikes. Drew is a great guy
Have fun and enjoy

Be carefull about the WW decals the ones for sale on Ebay are NOT exactly the same as the genuine ones.

Very disapointing when you try to restore one.

Regards Erik
vestanpance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pair!

Are there any major differences between the mk1 &mk3?

I remember seeing one with 3 spoke wheels, what model was that, or was it a lash up?
racerx67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vestanpance wrote:
Nice pair!

Are there any major differences between the mk1 &mk3?

I remember seeing one with 3 spoke wheels, what model was that, or was it a lash up?

The 3 spoke wheeled bike is the MK4 which we never got here...
racerx67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitacticus wrote:
nice bikes. Drew is a great guy
Have fun and enjoy

Be carefull about the WW decals the ones for sale on Ebay are NOT exactly the same as the genuine ones.

Very disapointing when you try to restore one.

Regards Erik

Actually just sold the MK3 to a good friend. Not made a penny profit from it but he has sorted out a few things for me so its a thank you for his help too... So he will be sorting out the decals.
LOL
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the original Gamma when it first came out. No idea why I've never owned one. Eh? The JDM model with the integrated winkers looks even better I reckon, and the twin disks, optional seat-cowl and bellypan are well worth having too. Thumbs Up
racerx67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
Loved the original Gamma when it first came out. No idea why I've never owned one. Eh? The JDM model with the integrated winkers looks even better I reckon, and the twin disks, optional seat-cowl and bellypan are well worth having too. Thumbs Up

I will make sure all the bodywork is good but dont think I will fit the belly pan when I use it. I love the half naked look. The twin discs is the icing on the cake but yes the integrated winkers is a bit that I wish the UK bikes had too. But twin discs on a bike that weighs about the same as a 125... Ace...
yamfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bikes

I really like the walter wolf colours - enjoy Very Happy
racerx67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate will be the one who gets to enjoy the Wally Wolf MK3 as I have let him have it for what I paid for it. I am really looking forward to riding the MK1 and I am on the look out for another Mk1 or Mk2.
racerx67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait... Bike not leaving Japan until next month... 3 coming at the same time.. Mk1 and Mk3 RG and a Yamaha TZR250 3MA..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: