Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

What did you do to your bike today ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of my minis,my first car at 17 a 1963 850 super deluxe with floor mounted push button start, things have gone full circle. It taught me how to weld. Then a van with side windows and rear seat conversion,then a 1275GT. That looks like a Triumph TR6 front wing to the right.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this photo back in 1990, it's my old 750K in front of the early-warning radomes at RAF Fylingdales.

The golf balls were replaced years ago by a single pyramid of 3 arrays. I've been meaning to go back and take the same photo with my 750RK and today I finally got round to it.

It attracted some interest...

emzedder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing mechanical but took a nice morning slippy-and-slidey ride around the salted Norfolk roads on the MZ. Enjoyed the ride and thawed out nicely now ... mulled wine. MZ cred.
racerx67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not done much today... But I did buy this.....

And last week I took the wheels out of this to be powder coated white...

Also sorted out some more bits for these when they arrive in a couple of weeks...

DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those low milage bikes

hard to pick one

You have choosen well

Regards Erik
emzedder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much activity on the DS site recently, is FB taking over the world? Guess images are a big part of it and the PhotoBucket debacle isn't helpful.

Bit snowy and rubbish recently but give the MZ a squirt on cold but finer day. I was thinking about things recently and have choice of 8 bikes from my accumulation (I'm not a collector, hate that term) and from the set which includes a 750GT round case Ducati, 250LC, BSA, Ducati single I still find the MZ my favourite ride. Odd really, it is is about simplicity I think also re-living being 17 years old all over again as the blues smoke bellows and gets up yer nostrils and riding something to near mechanical destruction every time. predictability (as provided by new technology bikes) great but not for me.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
Not much activity on the DS site recently, is FB taking over the world? Guess images are a big part of it and the PhotoBucket debacle isn't helpful.

We're blaming photobucket personally, but we are wondering whether it's worth keeping this place alive or not.

Thanks for posting though. What's everyone else pondering at this time of year?
emzedder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be a shame if it discontinues. Maybe an Admin recommendation guideline on pic sharing. FB is too busy with mainly one liner conversations more like extended SMS messaging. Not a lot of depth, good for specific purposes but lot of misinformed nonsense too.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my own domain and webspace 14 years ago, so that's where I host my own photos. Can't recommend another hosting facility as never tried one. Anyone tried Imgur or Flickr etc?

I've not done a lot bike-wise recently. Got 3 on the road but too busy with work and life. Just woken up my dormant FromJapan account as I'm planning something diff'rent for next year. Currently house-hunting (still), went to see one last month that had 2 large workshops packed with lathes, mills etc... Wink
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
FB is too busy with mainly one liner conversations more like extended SMS messaging. Not a lot of depth, good for specific purposes but lot of misinformed nonsense too.

Can't argue with any of that. We are on Facebook too, in an attempt to reach as many people as we can, but we don't post much. We also have a Twitter account but I don't think I've logged in this year...
James P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
Be a shame if it discontinues. Maybe an Admin recommendation guideline on pic sharing. FB is too busy with mainly one liner conversations more like extended SMS messaging. Not a lot of depth, good for specific purposes but lot of misinformed nonsense too.

Too right! DS is an excellent source of information and entertainment. It would be good to get the "photo problem" sorted though...

Regards,
James
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too busy trying to get my 7 RG 250 ready for a show in Januari . Problem with picture posting does not help. But i come here everyday and it would be a great shame if it ends. Regards Erik
vestanpance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a spare tank for my AF1, rude not to for £15!

Last edited by vestanpance on Thu May 24, 2018 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas Eve, I decided to shuffle all the bikes round in the garage to get my red/black KR out. It hasn't run for 6 years, it's not been on the road (legally) since I bought it, and it's about time I got it sorted. It's now much more accessible at the front, and the next steps are to clean it, get it running and service the brakes.

While they were outside, the green one got fired up, as did the LC, NSR and my two GSX-R's, just to annoy the neighbours with their yapping dog. Up Yours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 18 of 27

Jump to: