Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Japanese Weirdness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Japanese Weirdness Reply with quote

At the Stafford show a few weeks ago, we were having a chat about some of the particularly strange bikes to have emerged from Japan over the years. This was prompted by the Electra-Glide replica Honda Monkey we saw on another stand (see below). A seed was sown...

We want to showcase this oddness at next years show. We're envisaging a stand where passing punters stop, mouth "what the f**k were they thinking?", take a photo and then walk away shaking their heads. Laughing

We'll need your help though obviously. For now, we want your ideas and suggestions.

Honda EZ90 :

Honda Motocampo :

Honda Baja Monkey :

Honda Stream, or any of the 3-wheeled Gyro variants :

It's not all small Honda's though. There's oddball bigger stuff too, eg. Suzuki Impulse :

Those are all standard models. We're also keen to see the more unusual aftermarket stuff, like the ELR-bodied Monkeys or this Katana-bodied RB50 :

So, ideas please. Feel free to add to this thread with ideas of your own, but we're particularly keen to hear from anyone who can actually lay their hands on something suitable. Not just bikes, but accessories, props or anything else that screams Japanese kitsch. And don't think we've overlooked Bosozoku... Wink
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Honda Stream sat in the the shed. I must dig it out some day.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyw114 wrote:

Right, you're in ! We'd love to have that on the stand. Dig it out, get a pic up. Thumbs Up
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin wrote:
andyw114 wrote:

Right, you're in ! We'd love to have that on the stand. Dig it out, get a pic up. Thumbs Up

Will do when weather gets better. Need to pull half the shed contents out, to get to it. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: