Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

sdr200 carb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: sdr200 carb Reply with quote

any one on here know of a replacement for the mukuni tm28ss
as mine don't look good after taking it apart
poss a bigger size to up performance
what are you guys using
James P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

If you want another TM28SS, they were also fitted to TZR250 (all 1KT-based models and some 3XVs), TDR250, DT200R, some DT125Rs and maybe also some later TZR125s...?
Beware that other versions of the TM28SS may have different sized power jets pressed into the float bowl and all versions have some slight differences, but these shouldn't cause you any trouble. You can gain some additional adjustment by converting the TM28SS carb to TZR Formula 3 specification.

Alternatively, there is the TMX30, as fitted to the WR200 and DT230. The TMX30 is also available aftermarket (https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/carburettor+mikuni+tmx+30+_40070000).

If you want a carb bigger than the TMX30, I think you'll have to change the inlet rubber. I don't know whether any significant performance improvement is available without doing other engine modifications (e.g. exhaust, porting, compression, ignition etc.), but you may be able to find some info somewhere.

Regards,
James
marky boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

thanks James
will see how mine turns out OR not after. being ultrasonic cleaned
but thanks for imfo . will have ton read your latest post when I have a lot of spare time . ha ha . looks awesome by way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: