Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

What did you do to your bike today ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had chance to do anything with bikes so far this year, until today. Planned to take a couple out and fire a few others up. Didn't go well...

Batteries were totally dead on the RK and Hornet, despite both being on regular rotation on the Ctek/Optimate chargers. The LC, RB and NSR all fired up, but all pissed fuel out from various places, all need repair work on pipes/taps/carbs.

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by StrokerBoy on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
emzedder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A familiar scenario ..... post lay-up blues ...
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revived the batteries on the Hornet and RK - leaving 'em plugged into so-called maintenance chargers is a bad idea, better to let 'em discharge a bit and then recharge. Took both for a short ride (not at the same time...) and the RK passed its MOT.

Took the carbs off the LC, cleaned 'em, fitted brand-new fuel pipes and clips, also swapped the balance tube for a boost bottle Laughing and replaced the cracked clock surround with a new one. Took that out for a ride.

Swapped the perished fuel pipes on the RB with new ones, not easy as the remote fuel tap has bigger outlets than normal but not much space to play with. Leak fixed, but also discovered a huge crack in the exhaust header pipe probably caused by heat - there's exhaust bandage to stop the aftermarket pipe melting the fairing. Some body panel clips need plastic welding too.

andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the 250 Katana for MOT, in the rain Sad first MOT since 2008 Surprised planning to go to Stafford on it tomorrow. Still has the same battery and has never gone flat Shocked
emzedder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re packed silencer with new wadding ... where does it all disappear to? Thought it was sounding noisy!
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Stafford show on the 250 kat without any problems, but the 1996 Bridgestone BT35 tyres were a bit unpredictable on the damp roundabouts on the A34, think I will get some new ones for the Suzuki track day. Surprised
Howie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but the 1996 Bridgestone BT35 tyres were a bit unpredictable

Hee hee hee, brilliant Andy, got to get your moneys worth! Salute
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£180 for 2 tyres. £75 for pads fork seals and oil, just being stood still for 10 years. cant believe its been that long.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helped out the VJMC by taking a couple of bikes along for their outdoor display at the Race The Waves event at Bridlington. Hotrods and old bikes drag-racing on the beach, alongside a steampunk festival. Enjoyed it.
emzedder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads of time to Cadwell Classic Trackday he said, bike is ready no problem he said, bugger a fork sealed popped, oh bugger, nipped the front hose in the lock stop taking fork leg out necessitating replacement .... oh bugger, only a week to do it...... phew, all done. test run tomorrow.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Cadwell on Saturday for the excellent Suzuki Classic bash, bumped into a few people off here, nice to see you all again. Very Happy

Would normally have stayed over for the Sunday trackday, but got too much stuff to do. Including taking 3 of my bikes over to my new storage unit, hopefully a temporary measure... Rolling Eyes
emzedder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Cadwell had a great day ... except Destroyed the MZ small end at 8k fragging the engine ... ah well had to happen eventually!
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great day at Cadwell park on the 250 kat,not the fastest thing out there but didnt miss a beat all day even at 10 - 15000rpm Shocked
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been trying to move house for the last year or so. Obviously a bigger/better garage has been one of my main requirements. We just had a modern single brick garage before, which was fine at first when we just had a couple of GSX-R's and a DT125 between us. 21 years later, we've been struggling (failing) to squeeze 12 bikes in... Shocked

Seen some amazing places - one with a huge barn you could fly a light aircraft round in, one with a separate man-cave where the garage also contained a bar and pool-table, another with a 2500 sq ft workshop with hydraulic car lift, one that 'just' had a triple garage with a studio/games room above it. We didn't buy any of those. Sad

We've moved now. I've done OK. The new garage doesn't feel much bigger than the last one, but I've measured it and it's actually 2.5 times the floor area. There's a long way to go before it'll be what I want, but that's half the fun. I think.

What's shocking is how much stuff I actually managed to cram into the old one. It all needed to get moved obviously, and I rented a self-storage unit to make it easier. Good job I have a van. The bikes, lots of crates of parts, piles of bodywork, a dozen random wheels, then all my tools etc. Not to mention all the DIY-related crap that we have to put somewhere. Plus, annoyingly, all of the stuff my missus kept in her garden craft studio (posh shed) at the old place - getting her a new one of those is a priority. Oh, and we have an old Mini too that's long-deserved a roof over its head.

Too early to say yet, but I'm pretty sure we'll have to get rid of a few bikes so that we don't fall into the same trap as before. When you need to move 6 bikes outside into the rain in order to work on another one, it never gets done.
Howie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good sized garage SB. Is there room behind the large window for an extension? Because you are allowed (in certain circumstances) to build an extension (up to 30sq metres if I remember rightly?) without planning permission.

That ought to get you a little more room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: