Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

What did you do to your bike today ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emzedder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quoteLost the love for bikes the last few years[/quote]

This happened to me few years back but I just locked up the bikes and returned refreshed later. I think having too many or projects in progress can feel more like a liability rather than a pleasure. hopefully will come back.
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's that done for another year.........

I haven't seen my bikes for about a week, for all I know the mice have eaten half of them, while damp has corroded the rest.

How long till spring?
R1Zman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
[quoteLost the love for bikes the last few years

This happened to me few years back but I just locked up the bikes and returned refreshed later. I think having too many or projects in progress can feel more like a liability rather than a pleasure. hopefully will come back.[/quote]

Me too. It's like sex - all in the mind nowadays & I prefer to think about buying that NSR400 & imagine what i'd do with her rather than actually buy one.
Managed to drag myself to the NEC this year & have to admit to being tearful when Sheene's bikes were fired up. Saddened that it made me realise those days will never be again, & saddened that I wasn't inspired to get straight online & shell out for another stroker to replace the R1Z I sold some years back. Maybe there is some desire - I still check this forum regularly - but I only did about 1k miles on my street triple last summer so can't justify a 2T as well.Let's hope there is such a thing as reincarnation - i'll change my priorities next time round.
emzedder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange , I almost sold everything I had worked for and collected over 30 years. Then I bought a stroker project without much thought ... I usually over think things and a very cautious person. But somehow it all became less serious and more spontaneous ... and I don't ride my 4 strokes much at all compared with strokers. Modern reliable bikes are not good for my enthusiasm in a strange way preferring to act like a chancer teenager being like the early days. Works for me.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my focus over the last couple of years has been on moving house, and although we've managed it now, there's an endless list of things needing doing that stops me doing anything with my bikes. Or maybe that's just me making excuses for my laziness, quite likely tbh.

I'm looking forward to next year, having a serious think about what I want in my life, and moving towards it. That definitely includes bikes, but owning fewer that I use more.

Wishing everyone on here all the best for 2020.
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you all have a brilliant new year Thumbs Up

My eldest daughter bought me tickets for the National Motorcycle Museum for Xmas so I'll be off Birmingham way to look at some old British bikes at some point Dance

Love old British bikes, wouldn't want to own one!

Happy new year people Drunk
R1Zman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
... I usually over think things and a very cautious person..

I once said that to my wife & she said "no, you mean you fanny around procrastinating & you're tight"...

Embarassed

who knows, I passed up on a superb TDR250 last year, preferring the street triple instead, so maybe there is still a burning ember of 2 stroke desire waiting to be fed a supply of oxygen again.
emzedder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quoteI once said that to my wife & she said "no, you mean you fanny around procrastinating & you're tight"...[/quote]

My wife's words too ...
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very rare day off work yesterday coincided with nice weather and a ban on being able to leave the house. So I pulled my 4 KR's out of the garage to give 'em a once over.

Two of 'em run, so I managed a couple of pointless but still significant rides down the drive. Now that I have some work space, I need to resurrect the long-stalled KR250R project and progress it. By way of inspiration, I raided my spares stash and fitted the most lurid mismatched set of panels I could find. Laughing

bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project one is my favourite, keep the colour theme should you ever finish it!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushed all the bikes out of the garage on Sunday, to take a few photos and see how many I could get running.

After that I thought I'd amuse/infuriate my wife by riding one round the garden. Edna (my KS-II) was the obvious choice, being a small off-roader, so I pumped her tyres up and off we went. I did a few laps, then my wife came out to watch, at which point I got cocky, went a bit faster, touched the front brake which locked on solid and down we went. For added humiliation, my boot got jammed in the frame somehow so she had to lift the bike off me. No harm done, just needed to pick some bits of muddy grass out.

I've scrapped the idea of buying a YZ490 to take to the local MX track up the road.... Rolling Eyes
vestanpance

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted some Suzuki mirrors to my Aprilia, I can now breathe near them without them falling off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: