Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Another 50p in the meter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R1Zman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have done a great job over the years and must have put hours (& £££'s) in just so people like me can drool & obsess about strokers at our leisure.
I haven't actually owned one for a few years now, but still regularly check back to this site.
Sadly however, I think we all know our time has been & gone. We've got older, we've scratched that itch, & strokers (possibly bikes in general) are less important than they used to be.
There are few 2 strokes for sale now & those that are command silly prices or are destined for collections.
I don't think you should feel at all guilty if you pull the plug next year, but thanks for the memories........... Razz

ps I'm now on a RE Continental 650 - about as quick as my first RD125 in 1978. Riding it reminds me a lot of that old Yam as it can be thrashed everywhere. If only expansion chambers would work on it...........
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
A party at yours to celebrate would be good... as long as we don't have to do any gardening Laughing

You're welcome any time Shaun. All you need to do in the garden is ride Edna round it. Although the last time I did that, I fell off... Embarassed Clown
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1Zman wrote:
Sadly however, I think we all know our time has been & gone. We've got older, we've scratched that itch, & strokers (possibly bikes in general) are less important than they used to be.
There are few 2 strokes for sale now & those that are command silly prices or are destined for collections.
I don't think you should feel at all guilty if you pull the plug next year, but thanks for the memories........... Razz

I don't think that's quite true. I agree that people's priorities have changed significantly in the last couple of years (mine definitely have), but I've been to enough meets to know that the people, bikes and enthusiasm are still out there just as much as before. God knows we all need a distraction from the horrors of everyday life.

Plenty of decent bikes change hands all the time at realistic prices without ever being advertised for sale. But dealers massively take the piss and Ebay ceased to be relevant a few years ago.

This forum has had its day too, it's too clunky and takes too much effort to use, there are better platforms these days. Facebook is full of twats (not to mention the even-worse people running it) but it makes it very easy to interact with like-minded people, whether purely online or in real life by sharing meet-ups.

As for Diff'rent Strokers overall, we've not had an official presence at an event for almost 3 years, we're having a break from it, but we can easily wake it up again as soon as we find some space in our flat-out personal lives.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just forked out £201.31 to renew our website-hosting for another 2 years ! Shocked

It's suddenly got expensive. The domain renewal is on top of that too.

That's about 20 quid per forum post these days... Bang Head
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin wrote:
Just forked out £201.31 to renew our website-hosting for another 2 years ! Shocked

It's suddenly got expensive. The domain renewal is on top of that too.

That's about 20 quid per forum post these days... Bang Head

We still love you Love Taunt
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're making a change this week that means I'll now have to pay for mailboxes on top of the hosting and the domain. Evil or Very Mad

Make the most of this place whilst it's still around, 'cos frankly I can't be arsed any more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: