Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

MY FANTIC STRADA SPORT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FANTICSTRADASPORT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: MY FANTIC STRADA SPORT. Reply with quote

Hi,this is my 1984 Fantic Strada Sport.I've had it since 2001,and after dropping it a couple of times thought it would be good to change it about a bit! So I changed the front disc and caliper,the disc is from a Triumph 955i Daytona and Brembo caliper from a Guzzi California EV,made some rear sets up using the original levers and some BMX buddy pegs.the expansion pipe,a Fresco,for a GP100 welded to the original down pipe.Next I went about doing the seat mating a Ducati 350 desmo tail piece to the seat pan,had it painted,then a mate covered it.Then I had the idea of making it look more like a racer,so went about looking for a suitable fairing,a Norvin had the right shape but was to big so I cut it down,and made some bracketry.Having a fairing to get behind certainly helped with the top speed maxing out at 82 mph.The handling was good but the 32mm forks flexed to much on heavy braking so I got a one -off Tarozzi fork brace made.I needed more power,and thankfully all the non Minerelli engines that I know fit into the frame basically sharing the same crank cases.I found a Fantic 240 trials in the local free paper going cheap and robbed it for the engine and electrics.these did'nt prove to much of a problem to fit in.I changed the 25mm dellorto to a 28mm from a CRM 125/250? and just changed the main and pilot jets,I now had to go pre-mix now as the 125 has an oil pump.Dissapointingly after riding the bike 350 miles in one weekend the drop handlebars were giving my bad neck ache so a rethink was due.In the meantime I changed the wheels to wires,this proberbly was the most difficult job to set up,firstly setting the front hub,a YZ 125 centrally in the forks to set up the spacers and speedo drive and making sure there was enough clearance for the disc and caliper.once that was done I set up the rear hub,an Aprilia RX 50,firstly getting the chain run right, then the off set for the rim then the spacers and rear brake caliper mounting,then the wheels went for lacing.A few weeks later they came back,the difference in weight was amazing proberbly saving about 6lbs in all.The rear caliper came from a Mito 125,this set up took two day to get right.I now had to fit a rear brake slave cylinder and different rear sets,some universal Tarozzis,the braking improved alot! Now the drop bar are coming off and up rights to go on and some new 250 LC's were bought at an auto jumble.I now just had to finish the headlight off an got a CEV light and Tommaselli mounting clamps off Italian E-bay.the clocks were fitted into some Benelli cases and rubber mounted.Now I think the over look is good,I made some mistakes along the way and learnt a few things in doing it! how it'll stay unaltered I don't know but I think I'll enjoy the result....
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the pics that Dave sent in.

First pic shows the original incarnation with cast wheels and fairing. The other pics are how it looks now with spoked wheels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: