Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

another Yammagamma - this ones a mk3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: another Yammagamma - this ones a mk3 Reply with quote

whilst searching for my original MK3 pepsi Yammagamma I have been slowly aquiring bits and bobs to build another one and as it has been confirmed that my original one is dead Evil or Very Mad I am going to build a replica Very Happy
I'm hoping to get it as close to the spec of my original bike as poss but i may have a problem with the front brakes. my original one had larger discs and gold 4 pot calipers. i haven't got any photos of the front end so I'm not sure how i'll be able to srt that, but standard brakes will be fine to satrt with, as for the rest: It is not going to be a "mint" or "restored" bike, just cleanish and all the right bits in the right places Very Happy

I started with a frame and numberplate which have been hpi checked, a complete bodykit (in a sort of pepsi scheme) from ebay, wheels and forks have come from a friend's yammagamma project as he has upgraded to 3 spokes and different forks.
Last years Stafford show yielded a box or two of random parts and crofty has donated a few bits as well.

So far, I have fitted new headraces, had a couple of bits powdercoated and spent a small fortune on suspension bushes Shocked and started the assembly:

this will not be a quick rebuild but I will add pics as often as I can.
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, those bushes bearings and seals for the rear shock link really hammer the wallet!!

http://www.rg250.co.uk
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the swinging arm back on saturday:

fitted all the new bushes and bearings and attached it to the rest of the frame, unfortunately the chassis is now too tall to fit on the shelf so its been moved onto my portable bike bench:

Next on the list is sorting out the rear wheel and getting that in.
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as you can gather from the lenght of time between my updates, not a lot has happened.

given my lack of progress I'm thinking about selling this little project on to someone who perhaps can benefit from it more than me (plus it will free up some room so i can get my MK2 yammagamma back on the road Smile )

not pictured but included in with the sale is the wheels with knackered tyres. forks and yokes and bars, the rest of the bodywork, some swarbrick race pipes (need a bit of work) and a couple of boxes of various little bits including calipers, chainguard, airbox.

anyone interested?

cheers
Tom
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame you cant see this thru!

http://www.rg250.co.uk
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crofty wrote:
Such a shame you cant see this thru!

well if no-one buys it, then i'll be stuck with and have to finish it.......... someday Shocked Very Happy
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well, no-one has expressed any interest in it so i've continued the rebuild.
The mounting points for the ignition switch on the top yoke were bent over, so a bit of gentle persuasion has straightened them out and its gone off for powdercoating. A rear tyre has been sourced and i'll be ordering some fork seals at the weekend. If i can get it back on its wheels I can use the bench for the swinging arm swap on my TDR Very Happy

I'm a bit unsure about the wheels though: they are in reasonable condition at the moment but now is an ideal time to get them powdercoated but that would then draw attention to the scruffier bits of the bike Confused but if i leave them as it they will look bad in a few years. such a dilemma Exclamation
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the wheels black ? If so, get them painted ASAP. Black wheels have always been a pet hate of mine, don't know why. Everyone knows white wheels are faster ! Wink
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 80's, just like the white heels on an EsseX "lass"

Black every time!!! (once you've had it black there's.....)
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wheels are currently white, and I think the pepsi paintwork will call for that colour to remain Very Happy

just applied for the logbook for it Rolling Eyes so that's another job done Very Happy
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logbook arrived, surprisingly quick as well.
I had the top yoke powdercoated satin black and with the return of that I sent a few hours cleaning up stuff and bolting it all on.

I'm going to leave the wheels as is for awhile, they aren't too bad once they've been cleaned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: