Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Cannot connect to database error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Cannot connect to database error Reply with quote

I was on here at 9pm last night, clicked a new post to read it and got a white screen with an error message along the lines of :

"PHPBB2 error : cannot connect to DB"

The main Diff'rent Strokers site was working but this forum was dead. I was a bit worried that we'd lost everything but I tried it again an hour later and it was fine. Very Happy

Dunno what that was about, maybe our server was being backed up or something. Confused It was out of my control anyway. Anyway, if it happens to you, don't worry, just try again later.

Incidentally, I do take a backup myself once every couple of weeks (I'll do it more often when it gets more popular Wink ) but I'd have no idea how to restore it if I had to... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: