Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

honda mvx 250 f
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintage honda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: honda mvx 250 f Reply with quote

hi, just joined your super site, picked up a honda mvx 250f on sat,my first 2 stroke honda, had lots of suzuki's , kaw, yam's etc, have a few early honda's from the 1950'S, will post some pics when i have worked it all out.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/sevenup_photos/

these are some of the many bikes i have/ owned...
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Guessing that was the MVX that was on Ebay a couple of weeks ago ? We were all watching it... Wink
vintage honda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
Welcome. Guessing that was the MVX that was on Ebay a couple of weeks ago ? We were all watching it... Wink

HI yes its the one that was on ebay, it sold for £829, but the buyer didnt complete, they then emailed me, asked if i was interested, went and had a look, took it home for £450, owner said it had a electric fault, and rear wheel was locked up, undid the chain while i was there, i could then move it,took cover off when i got home the chain had doubled up, and rusted in that position, put a battery on it was dead, no life at all, checked all the fuse's they where all ok, had a little play with the key, BINGO, we got life,all system go. then had a look at oil , plugs etc , we had a spark, cleaned all plugs, took tank off, ran some fuel down fuel line, pulled the choke, 3 kicks it was running, took choke off, it ticked over like it was turned off yesterday, i was just going to break it, now going to get on the road, it needs a few bits they are, NEW CHAIN, COVER FOR OVER THE IGN SWITCH, RETURN SPRING FOR KICK STARTER LEVER, PLUGS AND A BATTERY, PARTS BOOK, OWNERS MANUAL, have tryed david silver, all he has is a battery and plugs, any idea's would be a help, had a serch on ebay, few parts in france and in oz, someone emailed last night some i dea's of some of the parts i need.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result ! Very Happy

Breaking it would be a mistake. There's so few around that it'd be a shame not to put it on the road - also you'd be lucky to find anyone actually needing the parts. I've sourced bits for one from Japan before, they crop up on Yahoo Auctions now and again.

Was lucky enough to do 40 miles on one last month, really liked it. Engine felt odd at first, 'til I realised I'd never ridden a V3 before. Smile

vintage honda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,i think you are right, its 2 good to break up. mine is a little different to yours as the indercators are built in not on stalks, ( is that right) did they do different models , or have they come from other country's, looked on some of the sites in yapan, got some stuff from them,for my 1953 dream 3e it gets very expensive, but sometimes you have to buy what u can find. your bike looks very tidy, have you restored it.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vintage honda

Congrats on the new purchase and getting it running so quickly, and even more in getting it back on the road - its great to hear you're going to add another bike to the "MVX's on the road" list!! Cool The one in the pic that Stroker Boy posted and thrashed for 40 miles is mine - it's original and unrestored with 8000kms on the clock (IIRC) - it's pretty good, but could do with the frame getting a respray which means a strip down, but it'll have to wait for now!

I've shown the bike several times now on various DS stand and we've usually had one or two people tell us they have one (or more), so persevere with it as you'll get the parts you need.

I can help you with one or two bits of literature - I'll confirm which ones as soon as I'm back home! In the meantime lets see some pix!! Very Happy

Cheers

Darin
vintage honda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that,any info would be great, not to good with the whole listing pics, have added a link tp in my first post, dont understand how you get the pics to show like your bike is showing,as i have lots of bike pics . will try . alan
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintage honda wrote:
not to good with the whole listing pics, have added a link tp in my first post, dont understand how you get the pics to show like your bike is showing,as i have lots of bike pics . will try . alan

There's some instructions HERE. Smile
vintage honda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks any info is a help, just put a bid on another bike on ebay, this might be a breaker, cant tell till i have a look. alan
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintage honda wrote:
just put a bid on another bike on ebay

Looks alright. Very Happy

Don't break that one either, get it sorted then start looking for a white/blue/black one so you can complete the full set. Cool
vintage honda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just emailed the chap, asked if he had the lower panels, he says they where an extra, is that right. alan
vintage honda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found another for sale
http://www.classicmotorcycles.ie/bikesforsale/forsale_bike1166.html
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintage honda wrote:
just emailed the chap, asked if he had the lower panels, he says they where an extra, is that right. alan

Yes, the radiator panels, bellypan and the single-seat cowl were factory options. I've got the accessories brochure that shows 'em. I got a set from Japan for Blue Smoker's bike.

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintage honda wrote:
just found another for sale
http://www.classicmotorcycles.ie/bikesforsale/forsale_bike1166.html

If this is rapidly turning into a mini-obsession (and I speak from experience), here's some more for you... Wink
vintage honda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,i do tend too buy sometimes more than 1 of the same bike, only because i find its better than any book, to find out how stuff goes together.
just got a suzuki gt500 tonight, it didnt reach its reserve, so jumped in with an offer. i think the other mvx on ebay might go more than i want to pay for it...
off to the banbury vintage bike run on sunday, so should have a good fix of bikes for a while. alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: