Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Scooters
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossi46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but they are not proper strokers !! Laughing or in my opinion not proper Lambrettas, sorry dont do auto's Laughing Laughing

Ya need a proper stroker in ya Lambretta !!

Cool Cool Razz
Gobert23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with more modern scooters (I've got an Italjet Dragster 180 and Gilera 180 in the garage), btu got tempted with the 'lines' and 'charm' of the 'classic' models (Vespa and Lambretta).

I'm not technical enough to be able to work my way around an ol' school scooter though, so my ol' Vespa is up for sale (StrokerBoy, you may have noted the posting on the Pinboard of another forum that we use?)

The biggest problem (for me) is not having much 'stretch' (as they're designed for short people than me), and I can't get my 6'3" frame comfortable.

So, the Vespa's advertised, and to go (cheap?) to a new home, so I can put the money into something that I can use (and still 2t!)

G
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gobert23 wrote:
StrokerBoy, you may have noted the posting on the Pinboard of another forum that we use?

To be honest, I don't look at the Pinboard section much, probably just as well for the sake of my bank balance. Embarassed

Just checked your Vespa out now. Looks nice, and everyone seems to be saying it's a proper bargain. Somebody give it a good home, 'cos he's got a nice RB50 lined up to replace it with... Wink

Juan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a Vespa go for a smallframe and not those lardy nonsenses. Loads of high end tuning parts are available from the Germans and Italians over the last few years in particular.

Lauro from Falc racing has a range of barrels based around the 2007 RS125 units and they make silly power. The only real stumbling block, apart from the money you'll need to pour in, is the clutch although Charlie Edmonds is developing a new unit for one of his race team.
Gobert23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That's the one...

Very Happy

I've advertised it high and low and just can't shift it... Okay, it's not got a UK registration, but that's a reason I'm selling it cheap (no point in me paying to register, tax and insure something that I can't get on Rolling Eyes )

It's gotta go... Which means that the money from that can go to something that I can use!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: