Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Forum colours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Forum colours Reply with quote

The colours on this site have been very subtly tweaked this morning, in response to someone who is in definite urgent need of an optician's appointment. Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, if you find this place difficult to navigate or look at for any period of time, please let us know and we'll do what we can to sort it. Black/red/white are our club colours so we won't be suddenly going for yellow text on a blue background or anything, but we'll adjust stuff to please the majority if we can. Reply to this post, or just PM us.

The forum software makes it tricky to make a minor change without causing an unexpected side-effect, so sorry if it starts looking strange temporarily while we try stuff out.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contrast does look a little better...
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that you're all seeing this place as basically red and white text on a black and grey background ? That's "DSstyle" which you can select in your own profile settings.

The default "subSilver" style is also present and selectable, but doesn't seem to have any effect at all when I try it. Don't know why. Confused

If anyone can switch themes successfully please let me know. This is admittedly an old version of the phpBB2 software but I don't want to screw things up by 'upgrading'.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arlurt wrote:
The contrast does look a little better...

Yep, subtle but better . . . and I'll be making an appointment with Specsavers soon! Wink
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to a comment made at the show yesterday, the lighter grey has been darkened a bit further today to make the red text slightly easier to read.

In theory, we have absolute size/colour control over every single individual element on this forum. The way the pages are built though makes it difficult to change one thing without having an unintended effect on something else, hence our reluctance to fiddle with it.

We will listen to any comments and try and meet your needs though.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of unintensed consequences....

I think the colour changes have made the drag bars rather hard to see. I was looking at the Stafford pictures put up by Dan, the RGV, and you really have to look hard to see that there is a left-right drag bar there to see the rest of the picture.

It seems you can't please all the people...
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin wrote:
I'm guessing that you're all seeing this place as basically red and white text on a black and grey background ? That's "DSstyle" which you can select in your own profile settings.

The default "subSilver" style is also present and selectable, but doesn't seem to have any effect at all when I try it. Don't know why. Confused

I've fixed it. "DSstyle" (black/red/grey/white) is still the default, but for those of you who have trouble reading some of the stuff on here, go into your Profile and select "subSilver" as the Board Style. You'll then see everything in the off-the-shelf forum colours of white/black/blue. Some of the buttons/icons will look a bit odd as they've been created for DSstyle, but it should all work OK.

All comments gratefully received, as usual. Very Happy
Howie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but for those of you who have trouble reading some of the stuff on here, go into your Profile and select "subSilver" as the Board Style.

Christ its blinded me!

Still, its a lot easier to make things out Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: