Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

beek RG500 Special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: beek RG500 Special Reply with quote

Some of you guys may of seen my 500 special im building already on other sites but for those who havent ill post some pics of what ive done.
I guess about 2 years ago now i made the decision i wanted to build a 500 special but had problems sourcing the parts luckily i found Drew the guy in Japan who i expect you've all heard of I was able to find things on yahoo Japan and Drew kindly done the bidding and sent the goodies to me in the u/k.
To cut a long story short I wanted to build a Aprilia rs250 chassis with my 500 engine but couldn't find a suitable frame ect so opted to try a zxr400 chassis and made a start, wasn't long before i realised it wasn't going to be what i wanted so the zxr was shelved just at the time an rs frame came up for sale so i bought this was more to my liking as the rs is already a good looking bike so made a start, i soon found things were not going to be easy but several mods later the frame was fitted to the engine and things were taking shape. Just to add i started this build with just an engine then got the frame to suit then bought the other bits as i needed them or found them cheap. I didn't want to buy a whole rolling chassis or complete bike as 90% of it wasn't going to be needed so would of been a waste of money.
The project was being done in my limited space and with minimal tools and kit some things like machining and welding were going to be done by Pros with me doing the rest, I had an idea of what i wanted and set about doing it.

First step was fitting the frame and engine then getting it to a rolling chassis and then build from there.
Pics to follow
beek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were took during the summer, Things have moved on now and im at the point of finishing the air fliters and a few other small jobs then its stripping it down to paint

Last edited by beek on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
beek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of summer saw the pipes finished of so i was able to start the engine for the first time since rebuilding. everything seems ok but i do have an oil leak from the clutch cover think its more gasket related than anything
So as you can see its took a while but hopefully when its all done it will be worth it.
Beek
Paul8899

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen your bike on another forum and it looks fantastic, the swoopy rs frame and swingarm make it look like proper gp bike.

What paint scheme are you going to have ?
16000rpm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great,you have to love those 500 motors Very Happy
nick69
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed mate,you've put some very nice parts together its going to be a cracking bike when its done.
Love the tiny bottom rad Cool
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely bike in the making,but you already know i love it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: