Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Importing parts from Japan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoregt4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Importing parts from Japan Reply with quote

Evening chaps,
I've been looking on a few Japanese auction sites (Rinkya etc) with the intention of buying some bike parts (mainly fairings) to ship over here to ol' Blighty.

But I'm really confused with the shipping costs ect, even after going through the tables & step by step instructions on the websites Confused

I totaled up one box weighing in at around 10kgs max, & the shipping came to around £300, without the VAT added when it lands here in the UK!!!! Twisted Evil

Now I'm not sure if I did the calculations correctly, but that seemed expensive.

So I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of importing parts from Japanese auction sites to the UK & what the extra cost was on top of the actual part(s) you purchased.

Cheers for any help & advice & have yourselves a Merry Christmas Very Happy

Rich
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought many parts from Yahoo for some years now.
Drew has been and still is a great help

You are right its not cheap but Drew fees are very reasonable
The shipping is expensive and there is Custums.....

Take a look at his site

http://moriwaki-man.com/portal/

Very nice person to deal with
I think there are more members here that bought parts from Japan with his help

Good luck
nomoregt4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you kind sir Very Happy
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had quite a few packages over the last few years, and postage wasn't too bad really. Sometimes the taxman pokes his nose in though which bumps the cost up. Rolling Eyes

Moriwaki Man does make the whole process much easier though, and can save costs too. Very Happy
andywbafc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: IMPORTING PARTS FROM JAPAN - YAMAHA SDR200 Reply with quote

HI ALL

FIRST THING TO REMEMBER IS YOU HAVE LITTLE CHOICE AND THEREFORE ITS EXPENSIVE..

YOU WILL ALWAYS NEED A MIDDLE MAN & THEY WILL TAKE A COMMISSION..

GOOGLE - "YAHOOAUCTIONS JAPAN" - AMERICAN GUY CALLED ERIC WHO LIVES OUT THERE. TAKES AROUND £12 PER ITEM COMMISSION PLUS POSTAGE = £ NOT CHEAP . HE WONT DO LARGE ITEMS OR ANYTHING THAT SMELLS OF PETROL. JAPAN POST IS VERY STRICT AND IT WILL BE YOU THAT LOSES YOUR OWN MONEY IF IT IS CONFISCATED.

YOU ALSO HAVE TO PAY HIM EVERY PENNY(YEN) UPFRONT BEFORE HE WILL BID ON ANYTHING FOR YOU..

DREW ON THIS SITE HAS ALSO HELPED ME OUT WITH TANKS AND HE SEEMED A SOUND GUY...

I HAVE IMPORTED LOADS OF SDR 200 PARTS AND HAVE LOADS FOR SALE...SEE ADVERT ON THIS SITE OR EMAIL ME AT: andrew.carnie@sky.com FOR LIST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: