Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

I think I'm finally there!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: I think I'm finally there!! Reply with quote

It's been ages since I posted anything on here, probably even longer since I posted anything useful! So I thought I'd share a few pictures with you all.
This is my rg500, it's been a three year long build, it probably could've been done a lot quicker but as I'm sure you'll know it's quite easy to get carried away or just plain give up! Especially when the first time you build your engine it only gives you 30 miles of running and then BANG!! Still we got there in the end! Anyway last Sunday saw the bike being fired up and running properly for the first time in three years, you can imagine the smile on my grubby little face!! I've been carefully running around on it, covered nearly 150 miles without a problem, I even managed to turn a few heads at Poole quay biker night! Although that was probably due to the fact that my little suzi wasn't wearing the rest of here clothes Wink the pictures below are mainly of the engine build second time around, I tried to find the one that showed the damaged cylinder head but it's gone walkabouts, just as well really as it would bring a tear to your eye! Anyway enjoy and feel free to tell me I've done a good job or if I should never ever be allowed near a motorcycle again let alone a two stroke!!
yanw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on seeing it through after it going pop on you. It's good to see strokers on the road where they belong.

Getting an old stroker back on the road is an achievement. Getting to ride it is the best reward. Hearing the wing-a-ding-ding is the only feedback you need Wink
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I forget, this was the offending piston, one of the ring retaining pins dropped out and got sucked up the ports then preceded to beat up both head and piston! Not good when each piston kit is about £120!!
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures there fella and well done for getting it back together Very Happy

Post pictures of her fully clothed eh when your finished, I bet it will look brilliant and sound even better !

Cool Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: