Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

73 CB200 frame RG250 engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S8xor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: 73 CB200 frame RG250 engine Reply with quote

Hi everyone being new to the site I though it was only right that I introduce myself. I thought I would upload some pics of my current project and give you some info.

The frame is a 73 Honda CB200, i got the whole bike for £50 but with so many bits missing or beyond repair I decided to build a "special". I have always wanted a bigger 2 stroke after owning 3 Aprilia RS125s when I was a teenager, so after searching for a few months I found a MK1 RG250 engine for £60 with a recent top end rebuild. So with the basic layout sorted I started shopping around for so many other bits that I think will either work or look great.
KLE500 wheels respoked to 17"
KLE500 rear brakes
CB400 94 rear shocks
CB200 swingarm extended 3" (still needs a loop and strengthing)
Aprilia RS125 front brakes inc master cylinder and lever
Derbi GPR 125 USD forks yokes and clipons (these may change to RS125 ones if I can find some cheap enough)
General brackets and metal work I have done with my limited space and machinery but it does me.
I am still on the lookout for loads of bits in the usual places and I have also placed a "wanted" ad in that section. If you can help with any of the bits thanks in advance. I hope to upload more pics as the build progresses and give any updates

Cheers Dan

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's diff'rent ! Nice to see something unusual - welcome and keep us updated. Thumbs Up
mikee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good ,I like that

Get in with it then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: