Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

KH finally back on the road

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: KH finally back on the road Reply with quote

Last Sat marked the first ride out on my KH400. This is how it was

And this is now, not mint but I'm happy

I started off keeping close to home and in fact ran out of petrol less than 1.5 miles from home, begger Sad . Any how got the rescue service out (Ta Mand).
So got to filling station. Continued to do 130 ish miles with few probs apart from petrol consumption Rolling Eyes . Well I was now pretty confident so headed off for St Albans to meet up with the triples club guys. From there we headed to the ace for Blue haze day, I say headed coz just as i got to the end of the M1 my throttle cable became unattached and i cruised to a stop on the hard shoulder. As I was at the back no one noticed I was missing and carried on Crying or Very sad . Any how wound in tickover screws and mangaed to negotiate the north circ at between 15 and 30 mph much to the disdain of the following motorists . Got there where the lads were really apologetic (Needent to have been as there was nothing they could have done) but they did supply the tools to rectify the problem (Blinking dodgey pattern parts Mad Anyways up got it sorted and had a cracking day.

Saw this down there what a fantastic piece of engineering and what an amazing sound. It was ridden there and away, beautiful

By the time I got home I had done over 300 miles on mine over the weekend so it is now passed off for open duty, just got to save for the petrol lol

Catch you later
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos.

Did you get the zorst re chromed or was it an overnight stay with mr autosol?

Funny, I've never really bothered with the triples but as I'm getting older the 70s stuff seems more appealing. Yours looks just right to me, clean and with real patina of the era - if it was immaculate I would probably never ride it..

As for the red four cylinder... I would like to hear that on a run past, simply gorgeous. Some skilled people out there.. Much cleverer than meeee !

Thumbs Up
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ! I used to have a S3A 400 triple and petrol consumption was its primary characteristic. Laughing I once pushed it 2 miles home - stopping for a rest in two petrol stations Rolling Eyes - 'cos I couldn't imagine it had drained the whole tank and assumed there was something else wrong with it. Doh !

Haggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing how some things look in photos, the pipes are not bad but chrome is well past its sell by(not same set that are on first pic) but it still looks relatively tidy and its mine Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: