Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

NSR250SP???? MC18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: NSR250SP???? MC18 Reply with quote

Is there a way to tel from the frame numbers if my MC18 is an original SP. It doesn't have Magteks but it does have the original SP Rothmans painted bodywork.
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I don't think there is a specific batch of numbers that were used for SP bikes (question always crops up on the NSR forum) is it definately a Rothmans bike, I believe there is a paintcode sticker on the rear subframe that could tell you whether it's a Rothmans scheme from the factory? as I'm sure there are now more Rothmans bikes that were oficially produced.

Got to ask yourself, why would someone 'junk' the wheels of such a rare bike??
Zippy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is. On looking at it it can't be original colours as it doesn't have the yellow number boards on it.

jim157

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Yep, that's been painted but it looks a decent job from the pics.

I'd be inclined to strip the black off the swinging arm and the forks, and paint the wheels gold. Then you could always get the number plates covered in yellow vinyl for that oem look. It would look really nice then...
Zippy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to have the bodywork sent off to Dream Machine and I'll get the wheels done gold as well. Not too sure if I should get the number boards green or keep them yellow.

The swingarm and the forks will be returned to silver and then be refreshed with new springs oild and bushes and seals. Pop on a set of new tyres and she'll be good to go for spring next year.
jim157

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippy wrote:
It's going to have the bodywork sent off to Dream Machine and I'll get the wheels done gold as well. Not too sure if I should get the number boards green or keep them yellow.

I guess that depends whether it's a real SP or not, if it is I'd get them painted yellow and track down some magteks. I've seen a few pairs go for relatively cheap as they are not particularly sought after like the MC21 and 28 wheels.

Have you asked about the R4J SP engine/chassis numbers on NSR World? Just dont post in the wrong section! Wink
Zippy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't but I haven't had my confirmation email yet as I registered last night.

I've got a feeling it isn't an SP though. I did try looking on there but I couldn't seem to find the right place to look.
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not an sp mate
Zippy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided not to buy it in the end.

If I buy one it'll be one that doesn't need any work doing to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: