Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

rg500 disc valves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: rg500 disc valves Reply with quote

hi all, been a long time since iv posted on here but here goes! im half way through building my rg500 and have hit a brick wall! everything on the engine has been replaced with genuine suzuki parts, much to the disgust of my bank acount, however after noticing the anti friction material, doing what anti friction material does best, i decided to stray away from genuine suzi and buy some carbon fibre valves and hard anodised cases from rg500.com. they are a real work of art however im having second thoughts about using them because i have had a 50/50 level of input from every one i have spoken to about them, also they are not that good of a fit. i could do with a bit of input from anyone who has actually brought and used this system, any help, from anybody at all would be great! i just dont want to blow up another engine!
cheers
aden
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you allready know but if you haven't

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=5facb8dc70369011b5061e27ea902602&act=idx

Try this site lots of RG500 owners and technical articles

Erik
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link however i have decided to stick with originals, the motor cost too damn much to risk blowing up because of some fragile bits of carbon! only problem is im 450 quid out of pocket and there must be something more useful to do with them other than using them as coasters!! god damn bikes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: