Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

KMX200 Street Tune Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: KMX200 Street Tune Question Reply with quote

Hiya all

I am in the process of sorting the clutch and getting the holes in the standard exhaust welded up on my KMX200-A1 which is my daily commuter ride.

It's done 25K km and had the crank rebuilt and a new piston about 2K km ago. The big end bearings were shot, the piston was knacked but the bore was still good,

I was thinking of maybe getting the head and barrel tuned for a bit of extra fun on the way to work. Back in the day I remembered Stan Stephens was "the man" and I see he will do a stage 1 for £55.

So, after much drivel, is it worth getting the top end messed with, am I wasting my time if I keep the KMX200 exhaust and is Stan the man for KMX's or would you recommend anyone else?

Any advice/abuse is welcome.

Thanks
Yan
yanw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally went with BDK race engineering as they are also making new KIPS power valves as Kawasaki have stopped making them and there are none left in the dealer network.

They have also designed a KIPS bottle mod to boost low down power.
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've personally never owned a kmx but I had the yamaha equivalent a wr200 I always debated getting the barrel ported and cleaned up but I never got round to it, it was a quick little bike but on slightly faster roads it felt a little outdone so I see why you might be going for a nice little tune! Have you got any pics you can post cos I'd love to see what they look like and if it's very similar to my wr200!
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are pictures of my wr200 is your kmx along the same lines or have I got the wrong end of the stick?lol [/img]
yanw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, here's a picture from last summer with her younger and fitter step-sister:

I have a build thread up on the KMC forum:

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/projects-how-write-ups/144577-kmx200-a1-q-commuter.html

I am using the KMX as a learning aid to regain my skills and confidence from many years of slackness/kids to prepare me for messing with the TZR. Well, that and racing ST220's round town Laughing. The high wide bars are great for the slow stuff and traffic. I took the TZR to work one day and hated it. It's the crosser for work and the TZR for fun.
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha fitter step sister! Love it! Those tzr's are lovely bikes, iv never had the pleasure of owning a newer two stroke like that! I know just what your saying as well, I used to prefer ridin my off roader through the traffic too, I'd wear my mx boots that way if anyone in a car got funny about me overtakin I could give their wing mirror a good boot!
Howie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's a lovely pair (fnar etc)

I love Kmx's, never owned the 200 but spent a fair few hours on a mates (also black & red Cool )

I regret selling my de-restricted 125, must look out for another Very Happy
colp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rg250 screamer wrote:
I'd wear my mx boots that way if anyone in a car got funny about me overtakin I could give their wing mirror a good boot!

i wear gloves with carbon fibre knuckles and have given car mirrors a whacking if they try to push me off the road Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: