Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

tzr250.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyheslington

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried leaving various message around other forums and even emailed who I believe to be to be the hosting site tech support. Also found a user I believe is Ash on facebook - nothing.

I took the forum for granted - damit!
Crank

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here, didnt really post alot but it sure made things easier when working on my 3xv. planned a full rebuild in the coming months and took it for granted that the info would "just" be there Sad
Too Stroked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, was looking for some info about whats going on with the TZR forum and stumbled on this lovely site Very Happy
I've got me a 89 3ma not fully sorted but still running strong after 2 seasons Twisted Evil an Aprilia rs250 cup bike, and a rzv project that's been idle for almost a year now, should be back at it by the end of the month!!
Will take some pics once I dig everything out!!
Cheers
Nunzio
Edd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip didnt think we will ever loose any of the valuable data, had a sick 3ma with lots of mods so eventually got round to do the vaj removal modification and it worked Cool now I need setup info on jet sizes and all is gone.
Luckily Louis has kept some pics on his web site so the mod was easy. Thank Loius.

Edd
ndwedwe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy

HEY BOYS, good to see some of you on here.
Thanks admin strokers, your offer for posting a specific bike, like us idiots, the TZR250, is a good one. Ash has done well and we all know it is a hobby thing, but he is the victim of some seriously die-hard hackers. to have this and the TZR250.com site when it is back wouldn't harm anyone!
both my street bikes (3MA and 3XV) are running well, my zeeltronic days on the 3XV are over and I am in the process of ordering an Ignitech.
the N$R250 i "rebuilt" (it was not a major job but i went through everything) goes well and did my first track day last sunday, what fun coming from the off road scene!
the 3MA track bike i am building is going well.
maccas, crank, edd, too stroked, ybk, louis, warwick, yanw and all the others, good to see (if i can call it that) you guys again! Very Happy Very Happy
maccas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ndwedwe,

I wondered how long it would be before you found your way over here Smile

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the ignitech, personally I think its the bike and not the ignition that is causing the compatibility issues.

I will update my thread on here when I've had chance to do more testing and set up.

Maccas
ndwedwe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howzit maccas
found this site by accident, was doing a google search for 3MA OEM IGN curves, i am sure by retarding between 4500 and 6500 i can stop the heat, i am finding they heat up on the needle, but if you raise the needle they flood the cranks.... bla bla, saw 3xv curves that drop and come back up again.
ja, i will post findings here to, ignitech put your package together more intellectually if i may say, i have had to supply tonnes of info, wiring diagrams and pics, they will hook me up plug and play.
i also believe, and said it before, zeel is short of a little development on the 3xv, he shouldnt sell them for 3xv at this stage.... and you...... eish (a new south african word now in oxford dictionary i am told), blowing your motor like that. i couldnt face it, i re-did my 3ma last half of last year and i paid dearly, no crank though thank g@d!
maccas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ignitech does have many many more features but it isnt as straight forward to program and it doesnt have the duty solenoid setting that the zeel has.

My engine needed rebuilding anyway, i didnt damage the crank when i blew it up, the crank was already damaged from water ingress and resultant corrosion of the crank parts. The crank seals were solid and the centre crank seal wasn't even touching the crankshaft. I don't think it was the zeel that blew my bike, it was me not setting it up correctly coupled with the extreme lean out on the left hand cylinder due to leaking crank seals.

Anyway can you let me know when you have the 3xv up and running with the ignitech to see if the limiting problem is rearing its ugly head with that too?

Cheers,

Maccas
louis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Edd and Ndwedwe

Nice to see you guys her to. Razz
Good to hear you have solved (or almost solved) your problems
My 3MA hybride bike is running to Very Happy (still lots of work to do)

Still hoping that ash solves the hacking problems (fast), so we can update our topics with pictures and storys.

Cheers
Louis
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and a rzv project

Ooh, pics on that one please Very Happy

And welcome aboard Nunzio
injapan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes good to see we have all found a new home to discuss our TZRs and lets hope that ASH can fix the site soon. I really miis the database of TZR information.

Winter is coming to an end soon here in Japan and the first track day is getting closer. I am about to do a suspension upgrade on my track SP using Wilber parts and it seems they have never supplied front fork springs for the 3XV despite advertising them for sale. I am now giving them lots of specs so they can supply the right springs as they really have no idea. Also have a new rear shock from them to put on so hopefully these upgrades will make all the difference on the track.

Couple of pictures for the new site to show how nice TZRs are .

The garage picture is just missing the NSR which is waiting for its new bodywork from China. FYI they are painting the tank for free, just had to send it to them.

Great to catch up again.

Cheers
Mark
ndwedwe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see them like that mark. And nice to hear from you aswell.
Crank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no .com .........sigh........
luke 3MA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh for me too, now I have got my 3ma up and running Smile and have so much to update on my project thread but cant. Sad
ndwedwe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad oh well. We soldier on regardless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: