Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

rd80/125lc hybrid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: rd80/125lc hybrid Reply with quote

it was a long time ago (trying to rebuild it see wanted)

rd80lc rolling chassis (frame, wheels, tank(??),seat, forks etc)

dt125lc mk3 (saudai import unrestricted fully working power valve) engine
oil tank dip switch, wiring loom, battery, slight mod for srockets to line up(standard size front and rear + chain

rd125lc (mk1) micron, radiator (mounted outside of frame), front light

tzr125 (mk1) clocks, indicators

home made "ledar kit" k+n air filter on large rubber hose extension, goodridge hose ebc pads, samson hd clutch kit, all bulbs changed to 12 volt, lots of chrome, powder coated blue frame, beefed up cush drive (using rubber inserts), m+p blue seat cover

(thats all i can remember there might be more)

as you can see it existed thats why i want to finish it properly

TZR250R(3XV1),RD125LC MK2 (project),RD/DT 80/125 LC (nearly), TZR50R 4eu import (project)
jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

hi been a while but an update is in order;
frame welded/braced at powder coaters, engine stripped (after 18 years no "bad" bits all works fine, poured some two stroke oil down bore for hibernation time, it worked),
painted barrel, head, engine casings,
polished anything and everything that will polish,
spent £262.00 so far on new and second hand parts,

to do;
chrome loads of stuff,
re-chrome the fork legs (they are a bit of a mess),
put it all back together and re-register/mot/tax/add to insurance and thrash it Very Happy,

pictures available on the rdlccrazy/rd125lc forums but i will put the finished item up here.........when its finished.
thanks for the interest Jamie.

TZR250R(3XV1),RD125LC MK2 (project),RD/DT 80/125 LC (nearly), TZR50R 4eu import (project)
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're making more progress than I am... Very Happy

Fond memories of the 80LC 'cos it was the bike I passed my test on. Keep the updates and pics coming. Cool

And post some details of your other bikes. Wink
jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: other bikes Reply with quote

OK then,
my tzr250r is a 3xv1 (e reg) bought 3 years ago from a small bike shop in woking in surrey. my brother spotted it on the net for me.
they said they serviced it as it had been standing for over a year before they got it. cut a long story short the carb filters had been missed and were blocked.
its in red bull livery,
mods are minor, dinky winkers (indicators), blue screen surround tape, polished foot rests, repainted sud frame, 2 new batteries, goodridge hoses all round, blue titanium caliper bolts, ebc "hh" pads, kph/mph cable converter.
more to come as and when i can get stuff but as it is the only road legal bike i prefer to ride it until one of the others is finished.

the tzr50r was bought off of dk motorcycles "as seen". i have researched it and found out it is a unrestricted japan model only bike of around 94 to 97 vintage. it is in a bit of a state, have not even had it running yet but that's not a problem, i can wait (rd80 hybrid is first).
yahoo japan has got loads of spares for it and i can set up an account with them and bid for stuff later.
this hopefully (money/time wise) will either be a full rebuild to original spec or a street racer type or my favorite is to enter the 50cc endurance race (last 2 years was won using an rd50mx)

more info on these bikes when i decide to "work" on them,
thanks Jamie.

jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update:
chroming done;

some work on the bike;

getting there slowly don't want to rush it now.
the above pic has the engine in loosely as to line up the sprockets for mounting.
waiting for an order from MPS for tyres and a new tub of Allen bolts to start to mount stuff (as well as some other things),
enjoy........

jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit more work done its getting there but i keep finding small items i've missed (as you do)..............

enjoy i know i am.........

jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearly done:

finally got her running too, but alas she's not well. what did i expect after 18 years sat in a garage?, needs new crankcase seals for a start, possibly bearings as well. so getting a very good mate of the rd125lc forum to rebuild it over the winter.
few more parts to add:

so it was not finished for the summer, teething problems basically, all those little things that you think would be easy were/are not.
got all winter to play now so hopefully it will be ready for next summer(?).
thanks Jamie..........

Last edited by jamietzr250r on Wed May 21, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
1kt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a great job on that,ive just got an d 125 to do but it will be nowhere near as good as that.
jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1kt wrote:
Doing a great job on that,ive just got an d 125 to do but it will be nowhere near as good as that.

thank you, the motor is in need of a rebuild, had it running for a while (3 kick after 18 years Very Happy ).
the crankcase seals are gone as well as the sprocket seal. gonna change a few bearings too then its getting a tune.
lastly i'm thinking of nitrous Very Happy Very Happy

1kt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been removing a crank today out of mine.Dont think my engine has run for over ten years.What are all the seals you are replacing on yours apart from crankcase and sprocket ?Or is that it.
jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1kt wrote:
Just been removing a crank today out of mine.Dont think my engine has run for over ten years.What are all the seals you are replacing on yours apart from crankcase and sprocket ?Or is that it.

those are the main ones to replace, as yet the kick starter shaft seal is ok (does not leak), the water pump and oil pump seem ok too but best to replace them as a matter of course.

i have the fiches for all (rd)125 models do you want one it may help you?

1kt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamietzr250r wrote:
1kt wrote:

those are the main ones to replace, as yet the kick starter shaft seal is ok (does not leak), the water pump and oil pump seem ok too but best to replace them as a matter of course.

i have the fiches for all (rd)125 models do you want one it may help you?

That would be great thanks Razz pm sent
jamietzr250r

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been a while but the motors been rebuilt/tuned as we speak,
the seats had its new cover on,
and the front brake is now cleaned and repainted ready for its new piston and seals.
not long now..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: