Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

KMX200 air box - do not remove
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yanw wrote:
Good news, I will watch out for how you get on.

May I ask the #part number for the needle you mentioned?

Thanks
Yan

The KMX200 came in two power versions into the UK (Haynes manual I have doesn't show this but the Kawasaki Workshop Manual does !). This is in addition to the model references A2/A3

The carb on the one I have was fitted with the 24bhp needle (which as it happens is the same as the one in the 125). Whereas I wanted to upgrade it to the full power needle. Both needle valves in the KMX200 VM26ss carb are the same for both needles.

Needle 4FL46-2 std 30bhp / 21ps (part number 16009-1368)
Needle 4FL44-2 24bhp / 17ps

Worth checking what's in your carb.. It could be you have the 4FL46-2 already? If not and you want one.. Then let me know and I will try to find one for you. Took me ages though Rolling Eyes

If you take float bowl off then let me know main jet. If standard then it will be a 110 or 112.5 (again unreliable as Kawasaki Workshop Manual differs slightly from Haynes). Of course you may have changed this yourself anyway with mods you have made Very Happy
yanw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I have the A1 Japanese model (grey import) so it will be interesting to see what's in there. I think I will check tonight.

I am running 117.5 main jets as the head and barrel was skimmed by BDK, it sports the BDK boost bottle expander and I put in Boysen dual-stage reeds.

I'll get the torch and the magnifying glass out tonight. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be in my youf.
yanw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I owe you a pint/bacon sarnie/chips Top-shaggy.

I rebuilt the carb with a Keyster kit in the spring when it was going back onto the road. I checked this needle and it had a completely different number on it (21-2?). Anyway I checked the old needle and it was a '46 so I popped it back in and the bike was pulling much better this morning.

I missed the power-drop as the bike was off the road getting two new KIPS valves. One was broken and the other was missing Rolling Eyes
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yanw wrote:
Well, I think I owe you a pint/bacon sarnie/chips Top-shaggy.

Brilliant... I never turn down a bacon sarnie ... Glad it's helped Laughing

May be worth you doing a plug chop sometime to make sure it's not running a little on the lean side though, just to be safe. I don't want you blaming me .. Wink
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the KMX200 out for a winter blast today, over the fields to check the fencing and then dropped into the local Kawasaki shop for a hot drink..

The bloke said he hadn't seen a KMX for years.. Dance
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could nearly manage a whole day of free food and beer if you get everyone out on the same day ts! Laughing
yanw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the 26yo OE front rubber brake-line last week on my 200. Talk about a serious difference Laughing

I had to take the hard plastic tube off the old line to wrap round the new one from the bottom fork mount upwards as the new braided line was flexing and rubbing on the front tyre under braking. It now pokes out the top yoke under braking like the original.

I have yet to loose the front end and end up on my 4r5e however it has only been one day Wink

I did see a 125 for sale on eBay the other day, £1,599. I know they are 2T but really...
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My front brake is pretty good to be fair.. It's the back brake that's pants. You have to give it a proper boot full to make it pull up Rolling Eyes

Yeah all the older 2T's seem to be going up, but it would have to be like new to pay that sort price Shocked

I'm going to treat the KMX to a new chain when the weather picks up. Not getting one yet though, it's looking pretty rusty at the min with being used in the Sh@t. Gets plenty oil ..so should be ok for a month or two yet Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: