Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

settings for 250 rg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: settings for 250 rg Reply with quote

Hello, i am starting to tune my 250 rg, i am starting with a main jet of 180 and i put at the middle place the needle

i get very limp under 5000 rpm, the motor start well at 7000 rpm and some difficulty to run above 10.000 rpm

Have you some advice, some experience, some method, some 'best of' settings to share ?

I have no other rg 250 to compare, so it's difficult to identify the right behavior

best regards
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know for sure but i had the same problem with my RG 250 MK3

no power untill 5000 rpm fast till 9000.

turned out to be a broken PV unit (the box under the seatcowl)
bought a new one and the problem was over

Regards Erik
JC34

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

You speak about the CDI ? ( the feature to control the sparks ) ? It seems to operate correctly. My question is more about the power above 9500 rpm, i get some loss of power at very high rpm ( but it's probably normal with my 'standrd' settings)

Does any one have experience to run this bike with power (impression) above 9500 rpm, i get 150 km/h quickly but it is difficult to go faster ?

A picture of the bike refreshed

Best regards
JC34

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

You speak about the CDI ? ( the feature to control the sparks ) ? It seems to operate correctly. My question is more about the power above 9500 rpm, i get some loss of power at very high rpm ( but it's probably normal with my 'standrd' settings)

Does any one have experience to run this bike with power (impression) above 9500 rpm, i get 150 km/h quickly but it is difficult to go faster ?

A picture of the bike refreshed

Best regards
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Power loss Reply with quote

I've had three of the 250 gammas and I've found that 9500 rpm is pretty much redline. That would explain your power loss, as the power valve operates at 7500 and peak power is delivered somewhere around 8500 after that the power and torque generally starts to fall back down. Unless you've done some serious cylinder mods and have the pipes to support such a tune you might find your rings could be the next item to exit the exhaust port! At least that's what happened to me anyway! Let us know if you find out otherwise!
Aden
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to mention, one other thing that could be affecting your bike, assuming your power valve system is operating normally ie the actuator is rotating at 7500 rpm. You should make sure the cables are adjusted correctly as it is possible for the twin barrel shaped power valves to over rotate if they are to far adjusted in the first place. This means by the time your machine has reached very high rpms your power valves could be nearly a quarter shut again. This happened to my 500gamma and took me a while to realise it was such a simple mistake! Good luck!
JC34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rg250 screamer for your explanation, as i replace the air filter by a light one, the bike run much better at high rpm ( as you say, there is no more power after 9000 rpm).

I will check valves actuator with external power to verify the complete close of the system after 7500 rpm

Now i will be able to reach 170 kmh, as it seems to be correct for this bike with the stock cylinders

best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: