Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

TDR resto

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: TDR resto Reply with quote

Hi everybody,hope you are all well.I had 4 months on furlough and after I had had enough of the DIY decided to do a bit of maintenance on the TDR after 12years of using it to commute on. Anyway after finding the rear wheel spindle seized into the rear wheel one thing led to another.

I found a local shot blaster and powder coating firms and was done within 3 days.Had the frame done in metallic grey as somebody had brush painted black.

I had some fun and games with the tank as it had sprung a leak for the 3rd time.so I spent a few weeks cleaning it out with acid and sealing it with pore 15. I had to repair every panel and respray using aerosols. The stickers were also a challenge I manage to cock up the tank sticker trying to put it on dry but got there in the end.

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done !

I bought a TDR brand-new back in 1988. It was my only transport and got ridden to work in all weathers. I thought I was looking after it, but it looked shocking after only 18 months - they do seem to look tatty quicker than others.

I know that a lot of people have struggled under furlough, but as someone who has to work 12 days out of every 14, I wish they'd done that to me. Sad
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI everybody, After doing all that work on it, how does it pay me back, by not starting at work. After much investigation the CDI/PV unit has packed up, had it apart but cant see anything. Has anybody had any experience with the Zeeltronic units and having to program it. https://www.thetuningworks.co.uk/store/product_info.php?cPath=152&products_id=1491
James P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with the Zeeltronic units and having to program it.

I haven't myself Andy, but there are many on the TZR forum who have: http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php

Regards,
James
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the zeeltronic unit and works straight out of the box. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: