Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

L.E.D.a.R kit on AR125

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: L.E.D.a.R kit on AR125 Reply with quote

Well tried a L.E.D.a.R air correction jet nozzle and needle kit on one of my AR125's

This was to try and smooth out the flat spot in the mid range created by tuning and the Micron pipe..

Did it work ?

Erm.. Um.. NO IT WAS RUBBISH Shocked Sad

I wish the guy who created it was still around so I could talk to him about what I could have done better to make it work. In the end, getting back to basics by cleaning the carb thoroughly, rejetting pilot, mains and using a new inlet rubber worked wonders. Far better than the LEDaR kit.

If I get it to work I will let you all know.. As far as I'm concerned I'm going to FORGET LEDaR kits on the AR125 because the one i tried was cr@p

Stop Bang Head Crybaby Rolling Eyes
Norbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember fitting one of these to my MK2 125 dont recall it doing a bloody thing except i got more splutter just befor the band took some messing about to get it running right.
bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you shaggy.
I bought a part restored DT125LC with a LEDaR kit already fitted.
It ran badly as soon as it hit the powerband, spluttering and dying constantly, tried everything to clear it with no luck, so reverted back to standard settings, then minor tweeks, and its perfect now.
kenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had one I kept the ledar emulsion tube in as the restricted one has a much smaller orifis than the unrestriced one. I then biught the unrestricted needle and a 107.5 main jet and it was loads better. The ledar needle is way to rich and the 117.5 jet with the kit is also way to big.
I say best setup is Derestricted Disc, derestricted needle, 95 main, std airbox, ledar emulsion tube workd a treat on mine.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenny wrote:
When I had one I kept the ledar emulsion tube in as the restricted one has a much smaller orifis than the unrestriced one. I then biught the unrestricted needle and a 107.5 main jet and it was loads better. The ledar needle is way to rich and the 117.5 jet with the kit is also way to big.
I say best setup is Derestricted Disc, derestricted needle, 95 main, std airbox, ledar emulsion tube workd a treat on mine.

You may be right Kenny, I seem to remember the original LEDAR was supposed to be fitted with a K+N filter and no airbox. The 117.5 main and needle may have worked a little better if I had removed the airbox?

I also have the unrestricted needle I could have tried instead of the LEDaR one and a range of Lower size needles. Also have a couple of larger carbs I have used on my other ARs knocking around. Oh the fun of messing with the 2Strokes Smile

Maybe I will return to have another go one day... But after taking off and refitting the carb on off on off on off for what was most of the day the settings I returned to felt soooo sweet.. This was using 105 main, std needle and needle jet (uh I know sounds like a cop out but it just ... Put simply ... worked !)

Incidentally my white AR uses a VM26 and 210 main jet and that runs very well indeed Shocked Cool
kenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful using the restricted needle and needlejet mate. These run horrilby lean as you go up on the mains mate safer to fit the derestricted needle as this gives more clearence in the emulsion tube. The std restricted needle has a shallower taper than the unrestricted one. These things tolerate some weak mixture quite well but trust me I know from experiance if the weather gets hot( who am I kidding lol) it can seize. I seized lots of times on mine while learning what does what to the carb.
My race tuned one had a 34mm PJ mikuni on and 3(17) teeth up on the front all the way into the redline. I loved mine so much Im looking for another now so I can show Mick Abbey how its done (joke) I know him well.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kenny. I will put it on the local RR and see how it's running. Easy enough trying the A model needle etc. Going back to previous settings after messing around was like a revelation.

I'm a bit of a geek with the ARs and like you have learned good and bad....in fact someone once told me that if you don't have a box of holed pistons your not trying hard enough.. Shocked

I'm trying to keep the black bike looking pretty standard.. Keeping VM carb etc.

I also have a new exhaust to put on it so not spending too much time (as I can see me going though this all over again taking it to the standard unrestricted settings..lol)

Hope you get an AR, I will be looking out for you! They are becoming pretty rare nowadays in good nick and some parts are scarce now.

On and when you see Mr Abbey, tell him I'm coming to pickup my spare engine bits Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: