Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RG500 Special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: RG500 Special Reply with quote

Hello , I thought I would share my RG500 I brought off of Dave Howard who is a renound RG500 special builder . I actually got if off of him in September but as the weather has been so poor , I've only got to ride it for the second time yesterday , so I took a few pics.
Very brief spec
GSXR1000 front end
GSXR750 Calipers
Works Tokico disks ( sounds expensive ! )
Hagon rear shock
Braced/modded swingarm
GSXR1100 rear wheel
Works Suzuki chain
Billet shift sharf support plate fitted
Bigger custom rad
Figarolli Expansion chambers
RGV250 top fairing

I like it , as it is very very well put together , but it's not a polished show pony .I like the look of it with the bigger rear tyre , it looks 'right'. I sold the last RG500 I had as it was just too good and I was afraid to take it out or move it in the garage in case it got scratched. It does go like stink when you wind it up , and with 500cc it is also surprisingly torquey.
Mike
fletch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really cool Cool
I would love one of those parked in my shed.............can't afford one though Sad
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Welcome to DS - and thanks for posting up some shots of your RG500.... lovely bit of kit, and although I have a bit of a thing for "original", I really appreciate "nicely modded" too - and that that rear tyre is just right! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: