Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Not all AR125's are for breaking!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericandboots

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Not all AR125's are for breaking! Reply with quote

Hello!

I've been looking on the Different Strokers site for years and what a fine site it is! I've also registered twice in the past but due to being a 'zero poster' had to register a third time so I thought I'd better get my finger out and post something.

I'm also the person that bid the £92.00 for the AR tailpiece, and yes! ouch! but somebody else did bid £90 so I do feel a little less insane.

I've purchased two AR125's recently which you may recall from ebay.

The first is either a Swiss or Swedish import and is apparantly unrestricted, frame number: AR125A 010313, engine number: AR125AE 009314 but is on a Q reg. Apparantly, the person that registered it didn't supply dating information to the DVLA so they put it on a Q in 2008 (didn't know they issued Q's that late?) despite knowing it was a 1985 A3?

The second was advertised as an 82 B2. The seller had sold the wheels to somebody in Leicester who sends AR wheels out to, yes, you guessed it, Malaysia! So I bought what was left initially just to use the frame for the Q but after looking at the old V5 it looks like I've bought an original 83 UK A1 frame number: AR125A 003302, engine number: AR125AG 000834? So I'll be rebuilding this one as well now. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this as I've got into AR's recently and any info would be appreciated?

Since then I've managed to get a NOS fairing, tank, side panels, rad grill, clock cover etc from Sweden but couldn't get a tail piece hence the crazy bid on ebay. The NOS items are in Galaxy Silver and will be used for the import. However, I've also managed to get hold of some old AR125 microfiche's and after putting my anorak on and sitting infront of the microfiche reader with my balaclava and carrier bag I've since learnt that they didn't do an A3 in silver in Sweden only in the UK but they did do a silver A2 in Sweden. Anyway, I'm sure the A3 will look smart in silver and maybe, just maybe it's a late A2 or is it time to put away the anorak, balaclava and carrier bag?

So what else have I got? Well, the little black RZ50 with the red front fender in your Yamaha picture gallery belong's to me. It's now back in all standard black trim and has still only got 271 kilometres on the clock from new. If I remember rightly BAT brought two of them in but I don't know what happened to the second one, perhaps someone out there knows?
I've got a jap import Yamaha QB50, jap import YB-1 50, RD50 (UK model), DT125LC (UK 10v model), a couple of SDR200's, a jap import TZR250 3XV, a couple of RD350LC's and a 1968 YR2c.
Four stroke wise, Yamaha Zeal, 250 Katana, a couple of twin shock SRX's, a couple of mono shock SRX's, a couple of ZR400D Xanthus or should that be Xanthi?, a couple of XJ550's, a couple of XJR400's, a jap import FZ750 Lawson Rep, jap import FZS1000 Fazer, jap import FJ1100, ZRX1100, jap import XJR1200 4KG model and a jap import 1300.

I've also got quite a collection of parts book, service manuals and brochures for the above so if I can be of help to anyone I will.

Well, that's my introduction over. If anybody can explain how to insert pic’s in really simplistic terms I'll have a go.

Regards
Keith alias ericandboots (they’re my cats!)
jim157

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. You need to use an online image host to upload your pics to, then post the links on this forum.

I use www.imgur.com as you don't have to sign up for an account.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Not all AR125's are for breaking! Reply with quote

ericandboots wrote:
I've been looking on the Different Strokers site for years and what a fine site it is! I've also registered twice in the past but due to being a 'zero poster' had to register a third time so I thought I'd better get my finger out and post something.

Welcome. Sorry about the zero-posters thing but you're definitely safe now. Laughing

ericandboots wrote:
If anybody can explain how to insert pic’s in really simplistic terms I'll have a go.

The key thing is that your images already have to be out there on the internet somewhere, uploading them direct from your PC to here isn't possible I'm afraid. But there are plenty of free sites that make it easy - have a read of THIS. Give it a go, if your post doesn't work first time you can always edit it or someone will help. Very Happy
R1Zman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ericandboots, I note on your profile you state interests as "Everything Yamaha or Kawasaki that smells!"

Well, as a fellow cat lover I have a Yamaha PSR25 electric organ which one of our cats peed on some time ago......it's waiting for your bid!

Eclectic collection of bikes by the way. I said eclectic & not electric! Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Keith,
Welcome fellow eccentric AR owner!

I also have a number of ARs in diff'rent states of undress together with one or two I use.. This includes four A models including a original UK A1B

You will of no doubt found the A models pretty hard (read rare) to get hold of... So very well done fella!!

Really pleased to hear your rebuilding them rather than selling for parts - top man Wink

Looking forward to seeing the blue silver one so please post pics when you get chance and one day we will have to sit a few of them together. I very rarely see any out and about so two together will be a AR club stand !!

I have the frame and engine number groupings and when I get back from working away I will PM you info on your frames and engines etc.

Kawasaki have been good with me dating frame and engine manufacturing dates and where made etc at no cost (unlike the others like yam who charge for the info)

Also have the parts books for the models and more than my fair share of bits being a AR geek for over ten years. sooooo let me know if you get really stuck for that rare elusive part and I will see what I can do.

Please also share with us some of your other bike pics, sounds like a great mix of bikes. You can sit the pussys on for the photos if you like Rolling Eyes

All the best
Shaun
ericandboots

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: fellow pussy lover Reply with quote

Hello R1zman!
Just finished a long shift driving trains full of the North West's finest, young, academic gems of the future celebrating the fact it is a bank holiday weekend, full of that tongue loosening elexir of life known as beer! And after several hours charming, polite banter with said gems, otherwise known as verbal abuse I must admit your comments did put a smile on my face! Thank you! Have you any pictorial evidence of said cat 'peeing' on the Yamaha keyboard or a certificate of Authenticity?
regards
Keith
p.s. the girlfriend has an R1z along with a couple of spare engines, parts books and brochures. I've also got an R1z but no paperwork to register it, boo! Crying or Very sad
R1Zman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: fellow pussy lover Reply with quote

ericandboots wrote:
Have you any pictorial evidence of said cat 'peeing' on the Yamaha keyboard or a certificate of Authenticity?
regards
Keith
p.s. the girlfriend has an R1z along with a couple of spare engines, parts books and brochures. I've also got an R1z but no paperwork to register it, boo! Crying or Very sad

Bloody hell Keith would it be easier to list the bikes you haven't got? Are you related to the Padgetts? A girlfriend with an R1-Z - I don't suppose your first photo post could include her astride said stroker????
I also work with students.....& don't forget, children are our future.
Ok so you don't want my organ. Have you asked your girlfriend if she wants it??? Innocent
Oops sorry - wrong website

Steve R1Zman
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Not all AR125's are for breaking! Reply with quote

ericandboots wrote:

The first is either a Swiss or Swedish import and is apparantly unrestricted, frame number: AR125A 010313, engine number: AR125AE 009314 but is on a Q reg. Apparantly, the person that registered it didn't supply dating information to the DVLA so they put it on a Q in 2008 (didn't know they issued Q's that late?) despite knowing it was a 1985 A3?

Easy one Wink
The Swiss models had a partial restriction to around 17hp

ericandboots wrote:
The second was advertised as an 82 B2..... looking at the old V5 it looks like I've bought an original 83 UK A1 frame number: AR125A 003302, engine number: AR125AG 000834? So I'll be rebuilding this one as well now. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this as I've got into AR's recently and any info would be appreciated?

With that combination it looks like its a UK A1 or A1A which were the restricted models in 1983 before they used the B model identification from 1984. I've seen early engine numbers like that before but only on UK models.
Good find ! Have a look at the CDI, you should struggle to find it Wink

All the best Cool
ar125josh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi if your looking for wheels there is a cheap set on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ar125-wheels-/121166227762?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c3611e932
ar125josh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the guy in leicsters contact details?
I have a set of kh100 wheels id like to sell without the hassle of shipping to malaysia.
thanks
ericandboots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Josh?

The chap from Malaysia that bought the wheels (boo! hiss!) was: pijoi69

You can contact him via ebay and if interested will put you in touch with his friend in Leicester.

regards

Keith
ar125josh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: