Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RD350B Homage to TZ's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agyone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: RD350B Homage to TZ's Reply with quote

This is the first time I have put anything on the internet so please bare with me. I am just trying an initial image of my modified RD350B. It was an ex race bike bought as a basket case and restored. I wasn't happy with it so it came apart again and I have been tweaking it ever since. I thought it might be nice to fully mod a RD350B but keep an eye towards the simple lines of the lovely TZ racers. Hence the mono shock is hidden, no banana arms or single siders, the forks have had the Gold colouring removed etc. This is my bike done my way and I know the purist will not like it but I'm very happy with it so far. I have changed to, Ducati 916 front end, Brembo calipers, R1 master cylinder and clutch, ZXR400L5 rear end, ZX636 mono shock, full Stan Stephens race tuned, barrels modified to take YPVS racing reads. 6 speed box. Braced and de lugged frame. I ran out of focus a little on this project and saw you guys up at Stafford with a few of my favourite 2 strokes on show. I need to get it done over the winter so I thought exposure on line might help me push on to get it done.[url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

[img][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/pqdk.jpg/]
Some more images now I'm getting the hang of it,
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Last edited by agyone on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total
R1Zman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luvverly Agyone - transports me back to Summer 76 when I lusted after a similar bike my mate had. Not that it had the usd forks or a monoshock but then the roads were virtually empty in Lincolnshire, the council maintained the roads instead of their pension funds & the coppers only had Cortinas. My God i hope reincarnation exists..........I want to do this again but at 17 & not 50!
Hiya !
Norbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks real nice mate .
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Very pleased that we've tempted you onto here, and maybe given you a little boost towards finishing it. That's exactly what this place is for, so thank you. Cool
emzedder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking, it'll be stunning when its finished. I like the part complete minimalist look myself ....
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous bike, love what you've done.
Terminaterre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks just perfect to me Cool
yanw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my youf I was very dismissive of any stroker that wasn't water-cooled with powervalves etc.

Since visiting this site I have become very drawn towards the air-cooled TZ look. Your very nice bike has reinforced this.
agyone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yanw wrote:
In my youf I was very dismissive of any stroker that wasn't water-cooled with powervalves etc.

Since visiting this site I have become very drawn towards the air-cooled TZ look. Your very nice bike has reinforced this.

I was a big liquid cooled 2 stroke fan as well, air cooled was old school! I had RG500's, KR1S, RD LC's etc. I still loved the older 2 stroke note though and I have been drawn to the simpler lines in more recent times? Plus there is no end of LC's that have been modified, thought I'd do something a little diff'rent..!
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agyone wrote:
...thought I'd do something a little diff'rent..!

Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: