Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Honda mc18, did I miss out on a bargain or xcape a nightmare

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaceman1972

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Honda mc18, did I miss out on a bargain or xcape a nightmare Reply with quote

I had the chance to buy a Honda Nsr250 mc18 for £850, the panels were rough but not smashed in, just needed repainting. Everything needed stripping, shot blasting and re-spraying. Which I can do myself in my business work shop. The engine hadn't seized but the top barrel and cylinder head were missing! All the electrics worked the forks had no pitting. After a good poking about the bike was all original including the panels. I think after chucking £1000 at it and some hard work stripping and cleaning, it could of been put back to showroom condition. My intention would of been to restore and sell, so did I miss a bargain or a nightmare?
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should hav bought it mate Very Happy
spaceman1972

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things is iv seen various prices for them and they rang from £1800 and upwards, would it of depended on what model it was? Of course if it had been an SP I would of ripped his arm off Smile the colour of the bike was orange and white if that helps I dont really know that much about the honda range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: