Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Hello. Just joined.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Hello. Just joined. Reply with quote

Just saying hello as I am a new member here. I have many bikes but after searching for and failing to find a gag bike to add to my garage I have purchaced a SDR200. This could be a bad impulsive decision as I brought on a picture from a importer. Will have to wait until April for it to arrive from Japan. I did see it as got a dent in the tank, so a repair or replacement will be the first job to do.
My search for the YSR will have to wait until next year now when I have the finances to pay for one. Either that or sell one of my other bikes Crying or Very sad

Andy.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andy, thanks for saying hello. Thumbs Up

There's a few SDR owners on here so you're in the right place. And YSR's pop up for sale now and then too.

Get some pics up of your interesting collection. Some people on here are known to have an unnatural desire for an NV50... Innocent
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NV50 scooter.. Saw a pair of them for sale at Stafford show..
If I remember right, you needed both of them to make one good one.

Funny enough.. I quite liked the weird shae too, like riding on a caravan portaloo ? Laughing
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andy - that's a cool looking collection you've got there . . . the SDR is a nice addition, and believe me, a gag will materialise!

You're in safe hands here as I think it's become the SDR200 hub of the world (well, there's a few SDR guys on here!) so if you have any problems there's an SDR support network on DS Smile
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. I will have to get some pictures of the NV. It is a strange bike. It was owned by a old gentleman neighbor. I had the bike when he passed away.
I thought the SDR was rare in the UK. Now i come on here and find its common as muck Laughing I must change it as soon as it arrives for some thing less common Laughing Laughing
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be fine with the SDR.

There may be a few SDRs on here, but we do tend to seek out the strange and unusual. You'll find that when you're out and about on one it always attracts a crown and no one has ever seen one.

Good luck with it, and let's have some photos on here soon.
2TV owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andy,

Fantastic! another SDR owner on here, As Arlurt says, wherever you go you will be lucky to see another one. Any help with the SDR let us know.

Justin
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks. I won't know what information or advice I will need until i get the bike in April. I think its still in Japan. I can see from the picture of the bike that the tank is dented. I just hope it can be repaired as my search for a spares supply as come up with nothing Sad

Andy.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv always fancied an sdr, just something about them and ill bet they are alot of fun!
I looked for 2years for my ysr within my low budget! It came in boxes and mostly there but iv still yet to finish the tzr conversion!
Keep looking they do come up occasionally atsensibleish prices and if you see one pretty cheap on ebay go and have a look and offer quick, they dont stay there long if priced well, i think the couple there at the moment are a bit steep though, and they have not sold yet.
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I see them on the ebay and also spotted one on here but I will have to wait now until the finances are in better shape. I plan to get one next year now, unless I sell on of my other bikes to finance it.
Yes the SDR is one of those bikes I've always liked the look of. It's not a serious bike. It some thing just to make you smile when you ride it.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyw114 wrote:

It's not a serious bike. It some thing just to make you smile when you ride it.

That's how I choose bikes nowadays Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: