Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

New member in Aus with MVX250
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokestack

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode a VT250 with a power valve motor fitted as a track bike once, it might sound like a good idea but I can assure you its not. Its an example of a bad bike made worse Shocked
James P

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, I was at OGMC last week and saw an MVX250 being prepared - yours perhaps? Cool

Regards,
James
Richie rich

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James P wrote:
Richard, I was at OGMC last week and saw an MVX250 being prepared - yours perhaps? Cool

Regards,
James

Hi James, yes I'd imagine so as it only recently arrived in Aus. The guys at Old gold were great to deal with, the bike wasn't as good as initially expected with a few extra things requiring attention so they dropped the price so happy with that. It won't get delivered to me for a little while as I still don't have room for it and other bikes are ahead of it in the queue....

Would love to visit there place one day - I'm tempted by just about all of the bikes they bring in from Japan!
Richie rich

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokestack wrote:
I rode a VT250 with a power valve motor fitted as a track bike once, it might sound like a good idea but I can assure you its not. Its an example of a bad bike made worse Shocked

Can't think of any reason why you'd do that? Unless you just happened to have a VT with a blown engine and an RZ engine lying in your workshop. Replace the VT with an RG and now you're talking however....
Richie rich

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few pics of the KR that is just about finished - had a few issues when first started but seems to have been resolved now, though it's leaking fuel from the overflow on one of the carbs now so need to attend to that and fit a new screen and then it's ready for club plate rego and the road!

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Richie, wish mine looked like that.

Fuel leak is just sticky float valve, give it a tap and it should stop. Start riding it and it'll probably settle down with fresh fuel going through it.

KR carbs are easy to get to and work on and you can get comprehensive aftermarket rebuild kits from Japan via Ebay.
Richie rich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
Beautiful Richie, wish mine looked like that.

Fuel leak is just sticky float valve, give it a tap and it should stop. Start riding it and it'll probably settle down with fresh fuel going through it.

KR carbs are easy to get to and work on and you can get comprehensive aftermarket rebuild kits from Japan via Ebay.

Thanks mate, I sourced one if those rebuild kits (thanks to the info on the KR forum) and fitted new needle & seats so surprised that I have a problem there but probably just a small bit of contamination that needs to be cleaned out. You're probably right though, the bike surely needs a decent run after all these years.... It will get that hopefully very soon.

Cheers, Richard
James P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie rich wrote:
Would love to visit there place one day - I'm tempted by just about all of the bikes they bring in from Japan!

Laughing The first time I visited, I spent several hours just looking through all the bikes and parts! I still visit every so often, just to see what has arrived from Japan. There are worthy projects everywhere, so it takes some willpower to leave empty-handed. Your KR250 looks very tidy (I've also seen the photos on KR-1S.co.uk) - hope you get the stuck float sorted!

Regards,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: