Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Bikes are ace !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R1Zman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Bikes are ace !!!!! Reply with quote

Thought it was going to be a tiring weekend - son playing footie on Saturday with all the "Dads taxi" stuff that goes with it, needed to wash the car, a few miles on the pushbike to keep the heart beating, first grass cut of the year etc. etc. Wanted to get out on the bike today but then realised I'd agreed to take Ronaldo Jr to see a mate play a Sunday league match. Sun shining, sound of bikes blatting down the local A road & I'm miserable.
Better half gives me a kick up the arse & says I only need an hour on the bike so why not take it? I usually hate clock watching when I'm out riding but thought what the hell......
5 minutes later the R1-Z is started, warmed, & stalled as the clutch plates drag on first gear selection. 10 minutes later, 9000 rpm & the 2 stroke is blowing out the cans as she clears her throat after a long winter layoff. Empty backroads, first biker nods of the Spring & all is well once more.
They should do bikes on the NHS they should...... Sunny
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh that first ride of the season feeling,
I feel guilty not riding all year round but it makes it so much nicer on that first sunny sunday ride
Everything becomes better!
R1Zman

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillinghampaul wrote:
Ahh that first ride of the season feeling,
I feel guilty not riding all year round but it makes it so much nicer on that first sunny sunday ride
Everything becomes better!

Too true gp - had an even better ride yesterday, about 160km on mainly the A6 to Bedford & A428 back to Northampton & not a single bike passed me (& don't take that the wrong way - I'm dog-slow) - yet dozens of bikes coming towards me. Maybe it's a stroker thing whereby our karma sets us off on a diff'rent path to others.......
Or perhaps they all stayed behind me to soak up the 2 stroke fumes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: