Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

What did you do to your bike today ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: What did you do to your bike today ? Reply with quote

It's been very quiet on here lately. Hopefully it's 'cos you're all busy out on your bikes or fettling them in the garage. So, just make a quick reply to this and let us know what you're working on. Very Happy
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started an AR50 frame up build. Not my favourite AR but it would have been rude not to do it as the rolling frame only cost me £23.. Just a little delayed with work and hols at the min but it will get there even if it has to have a kX80 or AR125 engine in it (yes I know.. the 125 may need a little ingenuity to make it fit Surprised)
Terminaterre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds promising Twisted Evil
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted to do the kx 80 swap when i had mine, and id use some usd forks too, oh the ideas i had before the ysr!

Anyway im working on all the little one off brackets and mounts needed to finish off the ysr conversion at the minute, just sorting the temp guage mount at the moment, then a battery kill switch due to a lack of ignition switch and a gear selector oil seal all hopefully within the week
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a new CTEK charger and fitted umbilical leads to the 2 bikes in the garage that have 6V batteries. Should have been a 5 minute job but neither battery has terminal posts so it was out with the soldering iron and my box of crimp connectors (expensive OE stuff, not those crappy pre-insulated ones from Halfords).
bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned up, polished and fitted a new badge to the Muzzy pipe I got early on in the year for my ZXR.
Hunted for ages to find a replacement coolant header tank for the bike too, as the original tank requires the seat unit to be stretched to a point where it will eventually crack to gain access to it, so the new tank will sit in the seat hump to avoid this happening. Thankfully, it's from a Yamaha, not a Honda.....
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading these i thought we need some pics as i would love to actually see even these little jobs that have been going on, so ill start with my rear end!

Not a jdm one as i couldnt afford it! But iv conversted mine using original tail light and some derbi indicators not completely happy with how the tail light sits at the moment but when funds improve so will my tail Very Happy
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engines ready to go back in the nsr Very Happy
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm so far this bank holiday weekend I've thrown rattle can painted a fairing, made one good loom from three, turned an ally front wheel spacer, taken a load of bits for powdercoating, had some tyres fitted and fitted some lovely Titanium bolts Very Happy

plenty left to do tomorrow (weather permitting)
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave the KR a bit of a fettle ready for the Japfest2 show next week. The clocks have always been a weird matt grey finish which looked odd. Turns out it was 30 years of dirt. Embarassed

Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theres something wrong with me ...............

All very nice bikes in that pic but i cant help eyeing up the rb! Its not a two stroke i know but these little ones just make me want more!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Honda and Kawasaki gags were behind me when I took that pic, sat outside in the pouring rain... Shocked
emzedder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed day, went to DIY store on the Ducati SS (I know, not a stroker) and squelched around the store with a boot covered in (expensive synth) oil. Spent afternoon messing around finding the source of the problem, seems one of the carb anti-frosting oil lines has a leak from a banjo ... at least my left boot will be pretty waterproof now ...

On two stroke issues, ran the little Yam first thing after checking timing prior to next track event and the off-side carb leaking fuel like mad from overflow. So a carb strip and float valve clean-up done ... seems to have fixed it

So kept busy today.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the rain! How could you! Sounds like you have got too many gags and need to find some new loving homes Wink
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've tried some plastic welding today, repaired some AR fairings and primed / painted a MK2 headlight fairing for the eldest lads AR125. Still needs a few more coats and decals / stripes .. One for Sunday (along with re-sealing the exhaust header and sorting the electrical connections to the front indicators and temperature sender)

Oh and for the eagle eyed... No I wasn't wearing a false moustache to help with the period repairs Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: