Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

My Gilera CX125 - what's it worth Mr ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollo

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: My Gilera CX125 - what's it worth Mr ? Reply with quote

Hello ,
I know that it can be a bit slow on here at times, but it's probably the best place to ask . After finally sorting out the registration of my Gilera Cx125 with the shower of shite know as the DVLA , I've put two new tyres on it , and just had all the fluids changed and the carb rebuilt.
I've been out on it a few times now , but it doesn't seem to float my boat , I've always had bigger bikes , and coming back down a 125cc single 2 stroke is a bit of a shock.
I'm in two minds whether to keep it , or put it up for sale. It's in excellent condition with hardly a mark on it , less than 14,000 kms ,and with the body being such a large part of the bike , it would be obvious if it been dropped or damaged.
Anyway , with nothing to compare it to , what's the consensus on here to what anyone thinks it's worth ?

Thanks
Mike .

Last edited by hollo on Fri May 22, 2020 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea..

Looks a bit quirky which appeals to me, definitely rare

What’s the integrated security system i wonder?? Don’t take it or you will be embarrassed?

It floats my boat though. Quirky is good

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
hollo

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the integrated security system is the key . There is nothing else on there which I'm aware of.
Quirky is good , and it's always nice to open the garage door and see it . I doubt if there are too many of them kicking about in the UK
It's almost like the idea of owning one, isn't the same as when you've got one . I only buy bikes to enjoy and ride , so if I feel that I no longer enjoy a bike , I usually get rid of it..

Mike
Kickstart

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, integrated security system seems to be that they put a steering lock on it!

Value difficult to say. I would say £3k min, but they seem to get creeping up so maybe nearer £4K

There are a reasonable number of them around. I knew if 6 around Stafford 2 years ago!

All the best

Katy
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to spend a day on one a few years ago, I turned up at the big 2-stroke day at Squires Cafe on it, where it got a lot of interest.

Did about 80 miles on it, quickly forgot it was only a 125, both in the physical size of it and the way it went. Sadly, it developed an electrical problem before the end of the day, but I'd already switched to a V-Due by then! Cool

I always like oddball stuff that you rarely see, though I'm not in the market for another bike at the moment. No idea what it's worth though.

Feel free to post it on the DS Facebook page if you want, it is likely to find a larger audience on there than on here sadly.
hollo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Strokerboy ,

Thanks for the comments , I'd rather it go to someone who'd appreciate it , but Sorry I do not 'do' facebook. Is it a much larger uptake on there ?

Mike .
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say. Very few posts on here, but might still be plenty of people reading.

Definitely true to say that posting it on Facebook has an increased chance of attracting time-wasters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: